World warfare and economics early access dec 21

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 14, 2023, 06:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

The patch was released, unless I am missing it, didn't see the high GPU fix mentioned so going to still hold off, but does look like a decent patch.

Hello Everyone,
We've quickly rolled out a hotfix in Version 0.83.3 to address some urgent issues that have come to our attention. Your gaming experience is our top priority, and we're committed to ensuring it's smooth and enjoyable. Here's what we've fixed:

Bug Fixes:
Adjusted the trade deals acceptance rate bar for accurate representation.
Addressed a rare freeze at 93% related to regional calendars.
Resolved an issue with settings not saving upon exiting to the main menu.
Corrected technology process requirements for a smoother tech progression.
Fixed an issue causing infinite loading when reloading from the main menu.
Added missing political parties for Romania and Colombia for better gameplay realism.
Fixed negative values in regional infrastructure tracker for clarity.
Resolved a black screen issue with the Olympics event.
Addressed a bug preventing the loading of saved games after returning to the main menu.
Fixed the world tension meter reset to maintain consistent gameplay challenge.
Resolved an issue with the yearly report for better game tracking.
Fixed discrepancies in military power data and equipment after loading a saved game.
Addressed a UI bug for accurate representation of country governance.
Improved AI equipment license purchasing logic for enhanced AI behavior.
Made the space navigation button more visible for better user experience.
Enabled previously non-functional console commands for more gameplay options.
Fixed an organization absence issue in saved games for continuity.
Significantly decreased save file sizes for easier game management.
Addressed unjustified war declarations by democratic countries for balanced gameplay.
Corrected tooltip text in the voting popup for clarity.
Resolved infrastructure display issues post-load for better game immersion.
Fixed passport image loading issues for a more seamless experience.
Addressed incorrect resource production values for accurate gameplay.
Resolved access issues to military technologies and the Unit designer for uninterrupted gameplay.

Gameplay Changes:
Reduced textile consumption for more balanced economic gameplay.
Integrated game difficulty with trade deals and voting processes for a tailored experience.

New Features:
Added a new screen mode setting for customizable display options (borderless, windowed, fullscreen)

We apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused and appreciate your understanding as we work to make World Warfare & Economics better with each update. Your feedback is crucial in this process, so please keep it coming. Enjoy the fixes, and happy gaming!

Best,
Okron Studio

Tripoli

I started messing around with the game today.  My initial impressions are the economic model appears to have a lot of moving parts, and appears to be very deep.  I can't comment on how accurate the economic model is, as 1) I'm not particularly knowldgable about macro-economics and 2) I haven't played long enough. I haven't played much with the military/conflict side of it yet. The Diplomatic side appears to be somewhat simple regarding nation-to-nation relationships, but it isn't bad.  It does model international organizations, such as NATO, the G7 and the UN, although it is a fairly simplistic modeling. (I'm not saying that is a bad thing: There are a lot of moving parts under the hood of this game design, so some simplicity may be necessary).  Domestic politics are modeled, on a moderate level.

One thing that jumped out at me: While virtually all the countries of the world are represented and playable, Taiwan is not.  Nor can you interact with Taiwan as a country by sending ambassadors, aid, making treaties, etc.  That particular omission is almost inexcusable, especially given that Taiwan is one of the most likely global conflict flashpoints.  I'm not saying it is grounds for not buying, but from my perspective it is something to consider when making a buying decision if Taiwan remains unplayable when the game is released.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

bobarossa

Quote from: Tripoli on March 07, 2024, 02:51:52 PMOne thing that jumped out at me: While virtually all the countries of the world are represented and playable, Taiwan is not.  Nor can you interact with Taiwan as a country by sending ambassadors, aid, making treaties, etc.  That particular omission is almost inexcusable, especially given that Taiwan is one of the most likely global conflict flashpoints.  I'm not saying it is grounds for not buying, but from my perspective it is something to consider when making a buying decision if Taiwan remains unplayable when the game is released.
Undoubtably that choice was made to preserve the mainland China market.  Although you'd think Chinese players would like to have it there for their own reasons. Of course if they owned the game and favored Taiwan, they'd probably get sent to a re-education camp.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on March 07, 2024, 02:51:52 PMI started messing around with the game today.  My initial impressions are the economic model appears to have a lot of moving parts, and appears to be very deep.  I can't comment on how accurate the economic model is, as 1) I'm not particularly knowldgable about macro-economics and 2) I haven't played long enough. I haven't played much with the military/conflict side of it yet. The Diplomatic side appears to be somewhat simple regarding nation-to-nation relationships, but it isn't bad.  It does model international organizations, such as NATO, the G7 and the UN, although it is a fairly simplistic modeling. (I'm not saying that is a bad thing: There are a lot of moving parts under the hood of this game design, so some simplicity may be necessary).  Domestic politics are modeled, on a moderate level.

One thing that jumped out at me: While virtually all the countries of the world are represented and playable, Taiwan is not.  Nor can you interact with Taiwan as a country by sending ambassadors, aid, making treaties, etc.  That particular omission is almost inexcusable, especially given that Taiwan is one of the most likely global conflict flashpoints.  I'm not saying it is grounds for not buying, but from my perspective it is something to consider when making a buying decision if Taiwan remains unplayable when the game is released.

Are you CV60 in the Steam forum? I'll be following that post. You're not the first person to inquire. I have not seen any developer response to date.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 07, 2024, 03:16:28 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on March 07, 2024, 02:51:52 PMI started messing around with the game today.  My initial impressions are the economic model appears to have a lot of moving parts, and appears to be very deep.  I can't comment on how accurate the economic model is, as 1) I'm not particularly knowldgable about macro-economics and 2) I haven't played long enough. I haven't played much with the military/conflict side of it yet. The Diplomatic side appears to be somewhat simple regarding nation-to-nation relationships, but it isn't bad.  It does model international organizations, such as NATO, the G7 and the UN, although it is a fairly simplistic modeling. (I'm not saying that is a bad thing: There are a lot of moving parts under the hood of this game design, so some simplicity may be necessary).  Domestic politics are modeled, on a moderate level.

Are you CV60 in the Steam forum? I'll be following that post. You're not the first person to inquire. I have not seen any developer response to date.
My cover is blown.   :grin: Yep, I'm CV60 on Steam.  I noticed that others had inquired on Steam, with radio silence on the issue from the developers.  While I understand their desire to make sales in China, I personally am interested in some  factual accuracy in a game that is tagged on Steam as a "simulation."  The developers are apparently based in Pennsylvania, so they aren't risking anything more than sales by stating the fact that Taiwan is not currently under control of the PRC.  Moreover, that fact is precisely why it is a current global flashpoint.  If they are willing to tap dance around that issue, the question I have is what other issues are they going to avoid or soft pedal?  I'm not saying don't buy it.  But had I known, I wouldn't have purchased it until this issue was resolved.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Old TImer

This sorry excuse for a game is the biggest waste of money I've encountered in my many years of gaming.  Piece of junk, early access or no.  Now to throw Taiwan under the bus to cravenly court the Chinese market.  Not in the least little big surprised.
Avoid this like the plague.

Tripoli

For what its worth, the latest hotfix added Taiwan as a playable nation, so I'm securing from General Quarters and setting the normal underway watch.   :grin:

Old TImer

Quote from: Tripoli on March 09, 2024, 12:13:43 PMFor what its worth, the latest hotfix added Taiwan as a playable nation, so I'm securing from General Quarters and setting the normal underway watch.   :grin:

I'm not.  I'm ticked off at myself for not refunding this....this thing...when I could.  Now it's too late.  The fact that they have money from me for this...thing...makes my stomach turn.
I fully expect the developer to vanish into thin air before this thing is even remotely playable.
It has made me more skeptical of early access so there's that.