Field of Glory - Medieval Competition

Started by Boggit, January 05, 2021, 11:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

LOL!  ;D

The sponsorship works this way...

Slitherine have kindly offered to provide gratis copies of the game via Steam codes for participants who have not already got the game.

Slitherine have also kindly offered to provide prizes for the winner and the runner up.

As with all our sponsors, I am very grateful for them for facilitating the competition as comprehensively as they do. :clap:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 04, 2021, 01:52:11 PM

I assume it'll be a timed license of sorts?
No. Like our other sponsored competitions, Slitherine is generously providing the full game for the player to keep as part of their sponsorship.

The only good faith obligation for the player is to compete in the competition.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on February 04, 2021, 12:15:38 PM
I would like to be in, but I am not sure if I have enough time...

"Sure you have enough time" said the serpent to Eve     ;D  (of course, that is a paraphrase   :)  )
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

I assume we pair off against the next name down on the list in our Division?  I'm in Division 2, so that means I'd be paired off against Bardolph.  Boggit-One question: Are these paired battles, ie, both sets of players play each side of a single battle, or is it just one battle?

Yskonyn

Quote from: Tripoli on February 04, 2021, 03:59:00 PM
I assume we pair off against the next name down on the list in our Division?  I'm in Division 2, so that means I'd be paired off against Bardolph.  Boggit-One question: Are these paired battles, ie, both sets of players play each side of a single battle, or is it just one battle?

You can simultaneously play everyone in your division, I'd reckon. Otherwise this comp will take a year or so. :)

@Boggit: wow that's mightly generous of Slitherine! The price for winning is then all upcoming DLC for free I presume? 😂
Seriously though, insanely generous.  :hug:

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

al_infierno

Very generous of Slitherine, but I decided to buy a copy anyways.

Looking forward to the beatdown!  It's been ages since I've played FoG2 so I'm gonna get whooped.   :knuppel2:  :buck2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tripoli

For everone in Division 2, I will be unable to begin the competition, until sometime next week.  My apologies.

under_score

Hey everyone, just joined the forum while looking for discussions about this game.  I played a little bit of the previous title but have more interest in medieval history, so that this edition really grabbed me.  I'd love to join this if it's not too late.  I've already got the game (and have spent 6 of the last 8 hours playing it).

Grim.Reaper

Is that a different grim reaper in division 2?  I never signed up if that is me....

Bardolph

Checking in from Div 2. I've heard from Tripoli but am still awaiting a DM with the key from Boggit I guess.
Perfectly happy to play the other Div 2 folks simultaneously if that helps things proceed.

Boggit

Quote from: Tripoli on February 04, 2021, 03:59:00 PM
You play a single (different) battle with everyone in your Division. If there are six players in your Division you play five battles. It sounds a lot, but these games play fairly quickly, especially if you play all your games contemporaneously.

The three winners go onto the semi finals, and the winners of those go to the finals.

Boggit

Quote from: under_score on February 04, 2021, 09:15:04 PM
Hey everyone, just joined the forum while looking for discussions about this game.  I played a little bit of the previous title but have more interest in medieval history, so that this edition really grabbed me.  I'd love to join this if it's not too late.  I've already got the game (and have spent 6 of the last 8 hours playing it).
No problem. I misread Grim Reaper's intentions, so please substitute for him in Division 2.

Boggit

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 04, 2021, 09:29:27 PM
Is that a different grim reaper in division 2?  I never signed up if that is me....
My error. I misinterpreted that you wanted in. :-[

I've invited Under_score to take your slot in Division 2. If it is the case that you want in, then no problem. We can still include you at this stage.

Boggit

Quote from: Bardolph on February 04, 2021, 10:36:43 PM
Checking in from Div 2. I've heard from Tripoli but am still awaiting a DM with the key from Boggit I guess.
Perfectly happy to play the other Div 2 folks simultaneously if that helps things proceed.
I'm still waiting on an email from Paolo. I have put in a request for keys to facilitate those who don't have the game. As soon as I see the email from Paolo with a key for you, you can be sure it will be forwarded onto you.