National military comparison tool

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, March 22, 2022, 09:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just discovered this today.  It's kinda neat.  You can compare any two nation's militaries and get a bunch of data points.  God Canada sucks.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison.php

Sir Slash

Damn that's cool. El Salvador beat-out Luxembourg by 2 places. Who'd have thought? Great post SDR!  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

Interesting but I think they have some urgent data updates needed on Russia - Ranked 2nd after the US
I had fun figuring out who Australia could beat   :)

Gusington

If I'm Luxembourg I'm not feeling too good about myself.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Really cool tool.  Thanks for sharing SDR.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

The Andorran Marine Corp. is very impressive. I don't know HOW that guy handles it all?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2022, 06:35:15 AM

Look at their debt and cash reserves.  They ain't doing too bad.  Unlike Canada who has fewer attack helicopters and less rocket artillery than Zimbabwe.

Gusington

So Canada better hope a flotilla from Zimbabwe does not land in Newfoundland, and Luxembourg should pray that El  Salvador doesn't set out to steal all their cash.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 23, 2022, 12:39:13 PM

Look at their debt and cash reserves.  They ain't doing too bad.  Unlike Canada who has fewer attack helicopters and less rocket artillery than Zimbabwe.

And they are protected by the Ardennes.  No one gets through that forest :coolsmiley:.

W8taminute

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 23, 2022, 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 23, 2022, 12:39:13 PM

And they are protected by the Ardennes.  No one gets through that forest :coolsmiley:.

"It can be done."

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yeah, he was doing great until he ran into Dano and Kojak at the Fuel Depot. NEVER mess with American Detectives from the 60's.  C:-)

al_infierno

And here I thought he survived the sinking of the Wilhelm Gustloff and went on to get eaten by a shark.   :-[
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao