Winner of largest smoke ring contest

Started by steve58, July 23, 2022, 09:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

how exactly does the blade catch fire?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bobarossa

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 23, 2022, 09:33:51 AM
how exactly does the blade catch fire?
I think lightning can set just about anything on fire!

Sir Slash

Especially if it contains 800 gallons of oil.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

^Wait so these wind turbines operate on oil power? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Apparently they need oil to produce wind. Unless they were just storing some up there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 25, 2022, 11:03:49 AM
Apparently they need oil to produce wind. Unless they were just storing some up there.
Wind turbines have complicated gearboxes requiring high performance oil to keep lubricated. 

Sir Slash

Of course they do, lots of it. Eight hundred gallons in the turbine and 1300 gallons of mineral oil in the ground-level transformer according to the article. That's 2100 gallons of oil per turbine by my math. And there's 139 turbines in the Wind Field.  :coolsmiley:

GDS_Starfury

guess what gets recycled and, usually, not burned.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

That's good to hear. Did they ever get the whole problem with killing eagles and hawks solved?

solops

I remember a picture of a nuke bomb test that had a ring around the mushroom. That was big.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

That spiral screw from the windmill is really cool. I would think that lightning would hit the motor rather than the extremely of the blade.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

JasonPratt

The blade extremity is moving a lot more, creating ionization in the fiberglass laminate. Something similar can happen while chopping fiberglass originally into the laminate: if we didn't have a grounding wire attached, the operators (and maybe nearby people) would be getting strong electrical shocks pretty regularly, including jumping off the glass as sparks of (what amounts to) lightning.

I'm guessing there must have been a problem in any grounding set up to prevent that here.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!