Main Menu

Iran

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 28, 2022, 11:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 21, 2022, 10:42:43 AM
more defiant protests from the Iranian soccer team with crowd support.
I really hope the youth of Iran has had enough and so far it seems they have.

Iranian state television interrupted the broadcast during the hymn  :o.

FarAway Sooner

The Iranian team sang the second game around (reportedly after being booed by their own fans for not singing), and they also beat Wales 2-0 with two goals in injury time.  Team USA takes on the Iranians early next week, and needs to deliver a win, else Iran advances out of pool play with England.

Team USA undoubtedly has the higher-ranked side, but the Iranians will be playing for a tie and the US side has had trouble breaking packed-in defenses forever. 

None of which matters a lick to the Iranian young people protesting and dying on a daily basis in the streets of Iran.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

Ooof, that's a little too close.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Tripoli

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 28, 2023, 05:52:29 PMhmmmmm

https://twitter.com/i/status/1729527767966859585

Reason #3476 why we never put a carrier in the Gulf prior to Gulf War I, but stayed outside the gulf on Gonzo Station.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Uberhaus

Iran is also populating the disputed islands in this choke point to strengthen its claims.  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/11/29/iran-strait-hormuz-islands-gulf-entrance-us-carrier-ike-csg/

Also, pro-Iranian hackers are behind the shutdown of automated water pumping systems in Pennsylvania.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/federal-officials-investigating-after-pro-iran-group-claims-to-have-hacked-water-authority-in-pennsylvania/ar-AA1kFdP1

Windigo

Sooner or later we will have to take seriously internet enabled acts of sabotage. This should include all the troll farms and scams crossing international boundaries.

Gusington

^My employer takes the risk very seriously. The above link about the water authority is their worst nightmare.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Was waiting for this...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Windigo

You can only poke the eagle so much... before you have it's attention in a bad way.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteAircraft from Dwight D Eisenhower Carrier Air Wing intercepts an Iranian UAV operating in an unsafe and unprofessional manner during aircraft carrier flight operations in the Arabian Gulf. The U.S. Navy will continue to fly and sail where international law allows.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

Was the drone shot down?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

not that I know of.