Main Menu

Beer!!

Started by Centurion40, December 20, 2013, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: mirth on July 17, 2015, 08:51:55 AM
I am so ready for a beer.
This is pretty much me all the time.  Good day or bad. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Martok on July 21, 2015, 01:20:33 PM

That's a good attitude.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I figured this crowd more for the Zima or Mang-O-Ritas.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT OF COURSE

mirth

A good mango-rita is fine, but it's tough to find a really good one. Need to use fresh mango

Zima...well Zima is never okay.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

steve58

Root beer beer.  Going to have to keep my eyes out for some...would not mind giving it a try.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on July 22, 2015, 09:44:27 AM
A good mango-rita is fine, but it's tough to find a really good one.

You mean the canned stuff? It's not too bad. Then again I don't drink all that often.

Sir Slash

My wife's been after me to try a couple of spoon-fulls of vinegar to help control my blood-sugar. So I put some in with my Barcardi and Coke and say, "How's this Honey"? Dirty looks follow. Could've been doughnuts.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: mirth on July 21, 2015, 04:52:11 PM
Quote from: Martok on July 21, 2015, 01:20:33 PM

That's a good attitude.
Life's lessons -- and hanging out here -- has taught me to adopt a bit more of a Zen attitude toward such things.  ;) 

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 24, 2015, 11:11:52 AM
My wife's been after me to try a couple of spoon-fulls of vinegar to help control my blood-sugar. So I put some in with my Barcardi and Coke and say, "How's this Honey"? Dirty looks follow. Could've been doughnuts.
Bwahahaha!  Sir Slash, you're my hero this week. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

Thanks Martok. I hope that's not because it's been a really shitty week.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Now you can get your Wheaties in a can...of Wheaties Beer  ???

Long before the craft brewery boom elevated beer to gourmet status, it was consumed as a breakfast beverage.

Centuries later, cereal giant General Mills is tapping into the beer market by teaming up with Fulton brewery to create a limited-edition Wheaties ale called HefeWheaties.

There are no actual Wheaties cereal bits in the Hefeweizen—a light wheat beer that's often cloudy—but the idea seemed like a natural fit for the two companies to create a brew from their common shared ingredient.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

No picture of Caitlyn Jenner on the can?

Staggerwing

The cans still have their pull-tabs.

Though, fwiw, so may Caitlyn... 
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Every year I look forward to the release of Sam Adam's Octoberfest beer. I know it's not an obscure, fancy microbrew but I love it when it's good. The last couple of years it hasn't been too good. This year it is awesome (IMO)!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

I prefer the Winter Lager.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Latitude 48 IPA FTW!

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys