Main Menu

Beer!!

Started by Centurion40, December 20, 2013, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

^ Love the Double Chocolate Stout
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

But would you love a Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter? (I didn't)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

^I doubt I'd like that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

This is cool

https://www.flightdeckbrewing.com/location/

I'll be on the base in a couple weeks, have to check it out.

bobarossa

Quote from: bbmike on December 26, 2016, 08:44:16 AM
But would you love a Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter? (I didn't)

First beer I couldn't finish.  Was finally able to drink one by sipping it slowly.

bbmike

Don't forget! National beer day is this Friday. Make your plans now! Although, if you're like me, that really shouldn't take any planning at all.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

At my parents house and I decided to try a local beer for National Beer Day. It's good!  O0

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

^  Nice! 

Hanging out at the local bar tonight with some friends, the idiot employees kept trying to serve me Dos Equis without lime wedges.  :o >:(  WTF??!  Did I miss the memo stating that limes will no longer be served with Mexican beers?  Very irritating. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Corona is served with lime because it's completely undrinkable otherwise. Dos Equis is at least drinkable by itself.

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on April 10, 2017, 09:00:25 AM
Corona is served with lime because it's completely undrinkable otherwise. Dos Equis is at least drinkable by itself.

O0

bbmike

O0 O0
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

I can agree with that statement only partially. 

Dos Equis Amber is perfectly fine by itself.  In fact, it's one of my favorite beers, period (although a lime slice improves it even further in my experience). 

Regular Dos Equis, however, tastes pretty blah to me.  It's like Mexico's equivalent of Budweiser. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

jamus34

I loved all the bar banners during 3/17..."Join us for St Patty's Day...sponsored by Bud Light...the beer of St patty's day"... Uhhhh, no.

If anything Bud light would be the equivalent of the piss from a true Irishman drinking Guinness or Murphy's all night.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

Quote from: Martok on April 10, 2017, 03:59:33 PM
I can agree with that statement only partially. 

Dos Equis Amber is perfectly fine by itself.  In fact, it's one of my favorite beers, period (although a lime slice improves it even further in my experience). 

Regular Dos Equis, however, tastes pretty blah to me.  It's like Mexico's equivalent of Budweiser. 

Perhaps. However, Corona Light is on par with Busch Light or Bud Light. Undrinkable swill.

bbmike

^None of those you mentioned are actually beers.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak