Main Menu

Age of Wonders 4

Started by RedArgo, January 19, 2023, 01:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I finally got around to playing AoW4. My first play-though was underwhelming. My second game is seeming to be a bit more fun. The mechanism used to prevent snowballing expansion is heavy handed. It works, but i am not sure if i can like it. No manual and inadequate explanation of mechanics, i.e. par for the course these days.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

Quote from: solops on December 16, 2023, 02:23:21 AMI finally got around to playing AoW4. My first play-though was underwhelming. My second game is seeming to be a bit more fun. The mechanism used to prevent snowballing expansion is heavy handed. It works, but i am not sure if i can like it. No manual and inadequate explanation of mechanics, i.e. par for the course these days.

Good to hear.  It's sad that there is no clear explanation or manual on how to play.  I guess in order to save money developers rely on paying YouTubers to create let's plays.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk