Main Menu

Thunder and FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, December 08, 2023, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Chi Coltrane 1972

Me?  BoC work. Flashpoint Campaign work. Doing some work on the CMO Description files. Possibly some Silent Hunter IV.  WitP AE.  Rule the Waves 3 AAR. And since the temp here will be 54 degrees today, changing the oil on the snowblower....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Geezer

Picked up No Man's Sky on sale from Steam and started playing.  All your base are belong to us!
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

W8taminute

I'll try to post some screenies later but I'll be playing a lot of Lionic's (a Civfanatic modder) version of El_Justo's The Cold War for C3C.

I'm also going to try and finish my re-play of Mass Effect 2
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

nelmsm

Well besides my usual PBEM and playtesting work I've been playing Farthest Frontier and enjoying it.  Have Next War: India-Pakistan on the game table and hope to get a few turns of the Lahore scenario done as well.

Gusington

Panzer Corps 2 tutorials because I have not played in a long time and I hope to start the Spanish Civil War campaign.

Some of the new Strategic Command 19th and early 20th century campaigns, Iron Harvest, Last Train Home and The Great War Western Front wait in the wings.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I love The Great War Western Front but I haven't played that in a long while.  Need to get back to that game at some point. 

Too many games...too little time.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

How many hours have you put in to Great War?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Great song !

I'm playing the game with perhaps the longest name in my library : Call to Arms - Gates of Hell Ostfront - Liberation (DLC).

Gusington

^Ooh how do you like that? Is it very complex? Is there a true campaign or is it built more around connected scenarios? I was very close to purchasing it a few days ago but stepped back.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2023, 11:04:01 AMHow many hours have you put in to Great War?

I've got a little over 20 hours of game time according to Steam.  Need to double that figure at least. Well the way I see it anyway. 

solops

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts
Maybe some Shadow Empire

If I can get past the above two, some Age of Wonders 4 or Warhammer III, or even Nebulous: Fleet Command.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2023, 11:46:21 AM^Ooh how do you like that? Is it very complex? Is there a true campaign or is it built more around connected scenarios? I was very close to purchasing it a few days ago but stepped back.

There is some micromanagement involved (repair units, pick up ammo, heal soldiers, ...) but nothing too complex (like the Men of War series).
The normal campaigns are connected scenarios but the Conquest Mode generates a dynamic campaign with units that carry over (including captured equipment).

I'm just starting after finishing the tutorials but so far I like it.

Gusington

^Thanks, I may pick it up later today now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I'm giving Steam and Iron a run through tonight.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2023, 11:46:21 AM^Ooh how do you like that? Is it very complex? Is there a true campaign or is it built more around connected scenarios? I was very close to purchasing it a few days ago but stepped back.

Its f*cking awesome. But the liberation DLC is very tough.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18