Definitive Edition of Ancient Wars: Sparta

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 29, 2023, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Interesting looking title, coming out of Early Access in January.  Below is a preview video, costs $19.99 so a little on the fence from what I see but something to keep an eye on.

Link
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1693250/Ancient_Wars_Sparta_Definitive_Edition/

Definitive Edition of Ancient Wars: Sparta using a new improved version of the powerful AWE engine, the best of Ancient Wars: Sparta mechanics and adding a huge list of improvements, new mechanics to create what the RTS fans have been looking for years, getting a game that offers hundred of differents strategics tactics, total player freedom to customize the troops of their civilizations, a huge unit and skill tree, with RPG elements and historically epic moments singleplayer campaigns.

All these features will be enhanced by a great multiplayer experience with various game modes as well as a large collection of maps inspired by historical locations to choose for your battles and special maps for competitive multiplayer.
The Game
The game will feature:

Seven playable factions with more than 100 different unit types, 28 heroes, and 90 different weapons and shields.
Extended unit customization and reequip system
Improved Graphics and Textures
Totally new and innovative gameplay, never seen before in an RTS
Three single-player campaigns based on events in Ancient History (with 21 missions in total)
Single-player & Co-op & Multi-player Great Historical Battles
Single-player & Co-op & Multi-player challenge maps
Five different game modes (classic skirmish, conquest, domination, survival, and MOBA)
New and Competitive Multiplayer
Free Updates and DLC
Big map collection inspired by ancient world locations
Reactive AI whose response depends on your actions as a human player
Realistic physics system never seen before in an RTS
Weather that affects gameplay
Near 200 special abilities for your heroes, special units, wonders, etc
Wonders of the ancient world for each civilization
Realistic Naval Combat
Campaigns and Maps Editor
Epic soundtrack inspired by popular film scores.
Localization in mutiple languages
Militia, Mercenaries, Spies, Uniques Buildings, etc...
4k/8k and 144FPS support

Gusington

I never played the original but this new one looks very good, thanks for posting. Tempted to buy it right now but will wait 'til next month for the first release. There is also mention of Ancient Wars: Medieval Crusades on the Sparta Steam page.

Absolutely love the unit customization feature, even if it is described as simplistic above.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I liked the original game. Had a few bugs left. Gameplay was fairly slow. For now, i've put it on my wishlist.