Spent at the Penetration: Hill 170, Oct 23, 1917: 5:30 AM

Started by MengJiao, September 11, 2020, 08:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

So..uh..ur...the first "command couplet" here has all the St. Charmond Tanks driving, you know, vigorously into the German lines,  some get bogged, some overrun a German Infantry Company and one gets immobilized by direct field gun fire and all are "spent" as the rules so aptly like to put things.  But never mind they can try again in around 20 minutes when "command couplet" time comes around again:

ArizonaTank

I haven't gotten Red Poppies Campaigns Vol 3 yet, but I have thoroughly enjoyed Vols. 1 and 2.  Just finished the full campaign in Limanowa with a friend. The thing we liked best is that the rules become second nature quickly, and after a couplet or two we were playing without much reference to the player's aid cards. It played quickly.

Vassal support is a must for me however, and La Malmaison still doesn't have a module. Since Compass fully supports Vassal I am hoping one is in the works.

In the meantime, I'll look forward to your posts on game progress. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MengJiao

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 11, 2020, 08:45:53 AM
I haven't gotten Red Poppies Campaigns Vol 3 yet, but I have thoroughly enjoyed Vols. 1 and 2.  Just finished the full campaign in Limanowa with a friend. The thing we liked best is that the rules become second nature quickly, and after a couplet or two we were playing without much reference to the player's aid cards. It played quickly.

Vassal support is a must for me however, and La Malmaison still doesn't have a module. Since Compass fully supports Vassal I am hoping one is in the works.

Yes, I have to say this is one of the most inherently satisfying game systems I've ever seen.  Even the standard solutions to things like melee and being in or out of trenches are very well done.  I ordered Limanowa and it looks at least as interesting as these early tank attacks.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 11, 2020, 09:16:43 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 11, 2020, 08:45:53 AM

Yes, I have to say this is one of the most inherently satisfying game systems I've ever seen.  Even the standard solutions to things like melee and being in or out of trenches are very well done.  I ordered Limanowa and it looks at least as interesting as these early tank attacks.

Budda-budda -- this is a different take on the same overall surgical attack (surgical for WWI anyway).  Some shooting has spent the shooters.  It's a simple world:  The tanks drive til they get stuck or immobilized or knocked out or blown up and if the troops collide they try to club each other to death unless they are engineers and then they have other tricks up their sleeves that don't take all morning to be extremely lethal: