STEAM 2020 Winter Sale Loot

Started by Ian C, December 23, 2020, 06:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

I just picked up Gloomhaven on Steam.  It was the release of the Sewers update that finally made me pull the trigger. :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Looking at getting the Battletech season pass - Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal. Somebody stop me!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2020, 07:28:01 PM
Looking at getting the Battletech season pass - Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal. Somebody stop me!

I'll help!  Just give me your wife's email by PM and that should do the trick!  >:D

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Picked up a few for co-op with my daughter.

Inversus Deluxe- this is a fun little simple co-op game
Over Cooked 1 - another good fun co-op
Tricky Towers- Co-op Tetris with physics and weather, a versus game.

Gifted her 7 Days to Die, so we'll start playing co-op.

Refunded Atari Vault wasn't as much fun in co-op as I thought.

Picked up Generation Zero, had my eye on it for awhile but AT's recommendation pushed me over the edge. I'm about 3 hours in and just finished the Farm mission and I'm going to be heading over the bridge to Salthamn. Died twice before i figured out how to get off the bike  :DD . I'm enjoying the more subtle approach you have to take, using the binoculars is a must, circling locations to scout. I'm enjoying enough to consider adding DLC before the sale ends.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Got some extra cash I wasn't anticipating, so I have at last invested in a rudder set and DCS Huey while it's on sale.

That ought to be enough. (Plus I can use the rudders for other things obviously, like IL-2. I'd like to get back to my He-111 campaign...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Got nothing off Steam.

Instead got a ton of rig to enhance my flight sim setup.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Yskonyn

I collected some missing DLC for Cities Skylines and Space Engineers. And I picked up Stationeers. Nothing else.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Apocalypse 31

DCS Modules

C101: Dislike this module very much and regret the purchase. I was expecting a light and nimble aircraft that would be a good proxy for counter-insurgency scenarios. Instead, I got an extremely under-powered trainer that carries a tiny payload. I can deal with all of that, but what I really dislike is how funky the flight model can be. I find myself CONSTANTLY trimming the aircraft and still seeing it pitch left and right. Maybe a crappy in-game flight model - I highly doubt this aircraft handles this bad in real life, as a small bird.

F86: Fun! Fast and nimble, with simple systems, but unfortunately also a tiny payload.

F5: Awesome! Fast and nimble, simple controls, and large payload. Reminds me of a baby F-18.

nelmsm

I picked up the Knock on All Doors scenario pack for Command Ops 2.  May still get the Foothill of the Gods pack before the sale ends since it's the only one I don't have.  Nothing else excites me enough to pull the trigger on it.

Rayfer

Went for something totally different and not really a game at all.  Universe Sandbox, 30% off, $19.99.   Finished a handful of the many tutorials and finding it quite addictive, but have only scratched the surface of its full potential. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: nelmsm on December 30, 2020, 11:11:21 AM
I picked up the Knock on All Doors scenario pack for Command Ops 2.  May still get the Foothill of the Gods pack before the sale ends since it's the only one I don't have.  Nothing else excites me enough to pull the trigger on it.

I am tempted to get back into this game.....

al_infierno

I picked up The Outer Worlds for $30.  Been really enjoying this one, it has some great Fallout New Vegas: Space Boogaloo vibes.  Speaking of New Vegas, the initial conflict you have to side between is a lot more interesting and believable than the "gangers versus innocent townsfolk" opening questline in NV.  Without going too deep into it, your ship needs a generator and there are two competing settlements (the city owned by the megacorp and a group of deserters led by a "sweet grandma" type) that each have one, but the game does a pretty good job of balancing the situation and not just cramming a "good guys versus bad guys" narrative down your throat.  Both settlements are just trying to survive, and the "sweet grandma" tries to convince you that stealing the generator from the city is the "heroic" thing to do, but you can glean that doing so will actively screw over tons of people and kill the whole colony, versus just forcing some deserters to go back to their posts.

The actual looting and shooting is streamlined pretty well, and the combat is nicely satisfying.  I bluffed someone into giving me their gun, then shot 'em in the forehead with it just to see how many shots it would take, and was very satisfied to see him drop like a bag of rocks on the 1st shot.  Not like NV where an unarmored civilian takes about 15 bullets to the face before dying.  Armored enemies are a bit more bullet spongey, but the combat is a MASSIVE improvement over New Vegas and even Fallout 4.  There's a bit of jank here and there, but I'm fairly happy with this after being pretty disappointed with Cyberpunk 2077.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

KyzBP

Well I picked up a few more things:

Elite Dangerous
Warlock of Firetop Mountain
GearCity
Freeman: Guerilla Warfare
Age of Gladiators II
Mordheim DLC

I think that'll do it for this year. No buying anything for the next 12 hours.

Sir Slash

Instead of buying a new game I probably will play a little while, I went for a FREE Mod to an existing game I play a little. The Age of Majorian 2.1 for Attila Total War to see if that'll scratch my, 'new game' itch. It's FREE!  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.