Main Menu

Ready or Not

Started by Jarhead0331, April 29, 2021, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Could have sworn I posted about this one a long time ago, but the thread is hiding from me. Was very excited about it early on, but it ran into trouble in the early alpha phase and the developers looked like they may have lost their way. They seem to have placed the focus back on single player PvE and the latest videos are starting to look very good.

Check out the latest PvE showcase...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Somebody did.
I remember you posting about your exploits with a beta style swat game that was fairly innovative. You posted a fair bit about that game. Could that be this?
http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19489.msg520794#msg520794
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

This one has had a "troubled" development cycle, but the developers seem to be listening to feedback and might be turning things around for the better. A new alpha build was just released showcasing progress on the single player aspect of the game and so far, I am impressed. Have only played for a few minutes, but if they keep this up Ready or Not will be a fantastic entry into the tactical FPS genre.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Trooperc7

Jarhead0331

I'm really digging it. Very well done so far and extremely challenging.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

It's about time they made some progress on this thing.  Love the look and feel, and the music in that promo video is straight out of the SWAT series which really gets my engine revving.

How does one get into the alpha?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on December 03, 2021, 06:30:26 PM
It's about time they made some progress on this thing.  Love the look and feel, and the music in that promo video is straight out of the SWAT series which really gets my engine revving.

How does one get into the alpha?

You have to buy in at supporter level. $120

https://voidinteractive.net/#pre-order
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

DetCord

It seems absurd, but it is absolutely worth it at at the EA asking price. Our OIF/OEF group has been playing the hell out of it.

The game has issues with regards to certain anims, bugs, and RtT like problems, however, this is easily the best tactical shooter I've played since SWAT 4 or the OG GR titles.

al_infierno

Available in Early Access for $40!

*queue Sopranos "OHHHH!"*
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

I picked it up and fiddled around a bit with it last night.  I hope they do more work on the command interface and turn it into a totally mouse driven affair similar to SWAT 4's or Mius Front's.  I was struggling with the current setup.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 18, 2021, 11:47:29 AM
I picked it up and fiddled around a bit with it last night.  I hope they do more work on the command interface and turn it into a totally mouse driven affair similar to SWAT 4's or Mius Front's.  I was struggling with the current setup.

It is still very early access. Hardly a complete UI.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Bought the $40 version on Steam and very happy with it so far.  This is exactly what I wanted from Zero Hour - an actual SWAT feel with enemy AI that does more than just run straight at you and shoot.  Can't wait to see this get finished.

This is the real SWAT 5, baby!

- MengJiao

Skoop

Sounds great, couple of my naval action bros are playing this and absolutely love it, so I'll probably get it too.

Yskonyn

So I am a little confused. Is it Early Access or not? If so why does it sport full price and what's still missing from the game on its road to 1.0?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 20, 2021, 05:14:32 AM
So I am a little confused. Is it Early Access or not? If so why does it sport full price and what's still missing from the game on its road to 1.0?

It's for sure early access as states right on the main game page.  As for price, not the first early access game to have higher price tag and we aren't even sure the final release price is $39 so might actually be cheaper right now.  Haven't seen any official roadmap published and appears to have a decent way to go.