Musings on the Friday thread

Started by Toonces, December 04, 2021, 03:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Just curious on this one.  Typically we post in the Friday thread the games we aspire to play Friday through Sunday.  But when, exactly, do you all game during that three day period?

I don't game nearly as much as I used to, and when I do, it's almost always in the evening - say after 4pm or so.  I almost never game during the morning or afternoon.  Generally, during the day I'm reading, doing some activity, chores, etc. and only get to gaming after the day's activities have wound down in that pre-dinner and post-dinner period.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Same here. Mostly after 7:00 when the 2-year old is down for bed. Every now again I can sneak away mid-day if nothing is going on but those opportunities are becoming fewer and more far between.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

I'm a 6 p.m. to 9-10 p.m. EST kinda guy with the occasional dips into the early a.m. pool.  Can't imagine having the freedom to sit in my undies playing video games all weekend, but fella's gotta dream, right?

Gusington

I actually game less on weekends because of family time. Today is a really unique exception as my sister got married (finally!!) and now the family and I are crashed out in front of the fireplace together watching hockey.

During the week my prime gaming time is 9pm-11pm.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

During football season I rarely play on Sunday.  Most of my gaming takes place on Saturday afternoon but missed today.  Generally most of my play gets done between 3:30pm and 6pm during the week.

devoncop

Being retired with no kids and an early riser I get a couple of hours in between 5am and 7pm before my beloved wakes up and uses her unparalleled creative mind to devise "essential tasks" than need doing ::). I  can then get another couple of hours on weekday evenings when she pitches into some US cop/medical drama series like Chicago Fire or Blue Bloods or God help me CSI which send me scurrying hastily to my gaming office den.

The odd MP turn of Field of Glory 2 I can fit in during the day in ten minutes or so.

Happy days. :bd:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Pete Dero

Almost always after 7PM.
On rare occasions also Sunday afternoon.

Often depends on live sports on TV.  I'm a cycling fan (a daytime sport) and the biggest races are typically on Sunday.
Tonight there is Formula 1 at 6PM local time so no gaming before 8PM.

While we are riding the 4th corona wave, much is being cancelled so game time is opening up.  Doesn't make me feel better though.

Quote from: devoncop on December 05, 2021, 02:18:34 AM
I get a couple of hours in between 5am and 7pm before my beloved wakes up.
Your beloved one sleeps a lot  ;).

Destraex

I often do not get to log on during the week until after 9pm.
On the weekend during covid lockdowns it has been much more frequent that I can play during the day. That will change with life slowly getting back to normal where I am.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on December 04, 2021, 03:35:37 PM
Just curious on this one.  Typically we post in the Friday thread the games we aspire to play Friday through Sunday.  But when, exactly, do you all game during that three day period?

I don't game nearly as much as I used to, and when I do, it's almost always in the evening - say after 4pm or so.  I almost never game during the morning or afternoon.  Generally, during the day I'm reading, doing some activity, chores, etc. and only get to gaming after the day's activities have wound down in that pre-dinner and post-dinner period.

Same here.  Gaming is kind of a low-attention activity for me.  Not only that, but the kids expect me to have actionable insights about the games they are playing (Minecraft, Hollow Knight, Jenkin's eear Impact or Genseng Impact or Gershwin Impact, or baseball, or VR things etc. etc. or Dangeons and Dragons etc. etc. or even their school work etc. etc.)

Anguille

Sometimes i play a couple of hours in the morning (like sunday morning) but mostly evenings.

Sir Slash

Another night time type here unless it's a quiet day for me then, mornings work best.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

My brain is nowhere near capable of playing a video game in the morning.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

Strong coffee and weak strategy go together really well in the AM.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Is there any other kind of strategy?   :-[   8)