Main Menu

Rule the Waves 2

Started by solops, June 05, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I can't decide.  Do I need this game?   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

stolypin

Quote from: Toonces on February 01, 2022, 12:51:52 PM

I've been pondering that for years.  Definitely interested in the topic but doubted I had the time to learn a new, complex system. 

But this weekend, I found the YouTube channel "RvT WarGames Analysis" which appears to have many fantastic beginner tutorials for RTW2.  That has greatly revived my interest in getting this game.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: stolypin on March 14, 2022, 11:27:55 AM
Quote from: Toonces on February 01, 2022, 12:51:52 PM

I've been pondering that for years.  Definitely interested in the topic but doubted I had the time to learn a new, complex system. 

But this weekend, I found the YouTube channel "RvT WarGames Analysis" which appears to have many fantastic beginner tutorials for RTW2.  That has greatly revived my interest in getting this game.

If you are OK with basic graphics, but have an interest in the period and subject, the game is well worth it. The strategic portion of the game is mostly using a spreadsheet-like interface, with some basic ship graphics for ship design. Battles are more graphic, but still very basic.

But the game is pretty deep, and definitely sucks you in.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.