Main Menu

Recent posts

Tech Talk / Re: Strange new PC problem
Last post by Tripoli - Today at 10:46:55 AM

:grin:  :grin:
Nice book recommendations rahamy for the Six Day War.  I've read Chaim Herzog's "Arab Israeli Wars" and Eric Hammel's "Six Days In June".  Both good reads.

I'll check out those other recommendations as well.
Last post by W8taminute - Today at 10:34:00 AM
Assuming that nothing changed with the KVM & USB switches my first thought would be to check for any recent windows updates.  If there were any updates in the past month or so I would read the release notes.  Check for any changes to how device drivers are handled by windows.  That sort of thing. 

So other low lying fruit that you can reach for is to check all the cable connections.  Look for any signs of damage to the connectors or the cable itself.  That includes looking at the entire length of cabling to see if there is any signs of crushed or splayed cabling.  Make sure the pins inside the connector housing are not bent or broken. 

Check the ports on the KVM and USB switches as well.  Looking for signs of damage. 
Wargaming / Re: Next War...whats next
Last post by nelmsm - Today at 10:30:43 AM
Next War: Iran is at the printers and Next War: Taiwan (reprint and update) is in final art and development.  Not sure what comes after those.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 09:53:36 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on Today at 09:26:59 AMOne troubleshooting technique is to unplug things one at a time and see if the problem resolves.  In other words a peripheral may be malfuntioning and causing the USB switch or KVM to malfuntion. 

Yeah...I have a strong suspicion it could be the USB switch. That is a relatively new addition to the ecosystem. I'll troubleshoot it this evening.
Last post by bobarossa - Today at 09:26:59 AM
One troubleshooting technique is to unplug things one at a time and see if the problem resolves.  In other words a peripheral may be malfuntioning and causing the USB switch or KVM to malfuntion. 
Computer Gaming / Re: Men of war II
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 09:11:21 AM
I agree...its hard to imagine a game that maximizes the power of the system better than Gates of Hell.
Computer Gaming / Re: Men of war II
Last post by rss334 - Today at 08:56:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Today at 07:08:28 AMIt sounds and looks really good, but I know there was a lot of negative feedback over the demo. Most of the critiques I think focused on the fact that the game strayed too far from the proven MoW formula and had been drastically dumbed-down.  I hope the developers took it to heart. It looks like they did, but we'll see. I'll probably get this.

As a Gates of Hell owner, I'm not promoting gates of hell over men of war 2, but I've been unable to find any reason as to why I would want to buy this game already owning gates of hell.  Why would I, I mean for serious?
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 08:50:13 AM
Quote from: steve58 on Today at 08:38:27 AMSince the KVM and USB switch are common to both systems, I'd try swapping them out, one at a time.

You mean by trying a new switch?

KVM switches that have the audio and peripheral support I need and that support 4K are rather expensive. If there are any other troubleshooting suggestions before I incur the expense, I'd prefer to exhaust those.

I don't think the USB switch is the problem since it is the mouse and keyboard that don't get detected and which are plugged directly into the KVM. The USB switch is plugged into the KVM too, by the way, and it is connected to my HOTAS, rudder pedals, etc. I will say that the USB switch is somewhat new and perhaps that is causing a conflict!?  :headscratch:
Last post by steve58 - Today at 08:38:27 AM
Since the KVM and USB switch are common to both systems, I'd try swapping them out, one at a time.