Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MengJiao on April 16, 2024, 07:55:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 15, 2024, 06:41:49 PMPersonally, I never think war is a laughing matter and to mock your enemies is the first step to underestimating their capabilities. A regime like Iran only needs to get lucky once in order to inflict real damage. Remember, on February 25, 1991, a single Iraqi Scud missile got through defenses and managed to demolish a makeshift United States barracks in Dhahran that housed more than 100 American troops. 28 American soldiers were killed, 110 were hospitalized and 150 experienced physical injuries.  This one Scud's impact accounted for more than a third of all US soldiers killed during the Gulf War. Needless to say, I find these kinds of social media posts and images/gifs to be very immature and unbecoming.

The threat posed by Iran has never been one of conventional weapon systems, so it does not come as any real surprise that the missile and drone attack was largely ineffective...although you can be assured that those on the ground in harms way probably weren't telling jokes and making memes on their computers while the sirens were blaring.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Iran has adapted its military capabilities and doctrine to account for developments by the United States and its allies. Although still technologically inferior to most of its competitors, the DIA notes that the Iranian military has progressed substantially over the past few decades.  Iran's use of unconventional warfare elements, proxy forces and asymmetric capabilities pose a persistent threat. Furthermore, each of these forces are becoming increasingly survivable, precise, and responsive. We've already seen how Iranian attacks and those of their proxies can impact global shipping and thereby the entire world economy. Not so much of a laughing matter in my view.

Got it, no laughing.  Ya takes your mental hits and you keeps your mouth shut, see.  Get it?

If you want to demonstrate that you have the mental acuity and maturity level of a 12 year old, I won't stop you. Have fun.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

I agree, what is about to happen is, for lack of a better term, a "Red Sea" moment for Israel.  A serious moment for the world as well.   

Between Iran bragging that if Israel strikes they (Iran) will use a weapon they have never used before and chatter about Israel's "Sampson" option means this is a big moment. 

What happened on Saturday night was absolutely stunning.  A defense system that is guaranteed (by the men who operate it) a 90% success rate at the very best just stopped pretty much 99.9% of Iran's incoming projectiles.  It should not be taken for granted.   

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 16, 2024, 08:21:08 AM

I think even the ayatollahs are thinking we are a bunch of posers.  I bet they realize that all the years of their bragging and tough talk came back to bite them.  Still don't underestimate these losers. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

I don't underestimate them but I also don't think highly of them either and I will mock them at every chance.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 16, 2024, 01:10:13 PMI don't underestimate them but I also don't think highly of them either and I will mock them at every chance.

Put in this light, I get it. I just think there should be acknowledgement of seriousness of the situation and the discussion should be balanced with that truth. I think the purpose of the attack was not to inflict any real damage or cause major destruction or loss of life. I think it was 100% political in order to save face and send a message. I believe if they really wanted to cause serious harm and risk escalation, Iran has means at its disposal to accomplish that, or at least, increase the chances of it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

oh I think they ment to do harm.  what they didn't expect was Arab and NATO help.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

Arab help warmed the wet ashes of what used to be my gray dead heart.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 16, 2024, 08:52:26 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 16, 2024, 07:55:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 15, 2024, 06:41:49 PMPersonally, I never think war is a laughing matter and to mock your enemies is the first step to underestimating their capabilities. A regime like Iran only needs to get lucky once in order to inflict real damage. Remember, on February 25, 1991, a single Iraqi Scud missile got through defenses and managed to demolish a makeshift United States barracks in Dhahran that housed more than 100 American troops. 28 American soldiers were killed, 110 were hospitalized and 150 experienced physical injuries.  This one Scud's impact accounted for more than a third of all US soldiers killed during the Gulf War. Needless to say, I find these kinds of social media posts and images/gifs to be very immature and unbecoming.

The threat posed by Iran has never been one of conventional weapon systems, so it does not come as any real surprise that the missile and drone attack was largely ineffective...although you can be assured that those on the ground in harms way probably weren't telling jokes and making memes on their computers while the sirens were blaring.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Iran has adapted its military capabilities and doctrine to account for developments by the United States and its allies. Although still technologically inferior to most of its competitors, the DIA notes that the Iranian military has progressed substantially over the past few decades.  Iran's use of unconventional warfare elements, proxy forces and asymmetric capabilities pose a persistent threat. Furthermore, each of these forces are becoming increasingly survivable, precise, and responsive. We've already seen how Iranian attacks and those of their proxies can impact global shipping and thereby the entire world economy. Not so much of a laughing matter in my view.

Got it, no laughing.  Ya takes your mental hits and you keeps your mouth shut, see.  Get it?

If you want to demonstrate that you have the mental acuity and maturity level of a 12 year old, I won't stop you. Have fun.

Really?  I can actually say anything I want?  well...type it.  I want it in writing that you won't stop me.
This is going to be good.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead0331

^Will you two just get a room already?

:submarine:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

they won't rent rooms to 12 year olds.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 16, 2024, 05:45:46 PMthey won't rent rooms to 12 year olds.

Maybe try a youth hostel. Be resourceful. I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 16, 2024, 06:25:25 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 16, 2024, 05:45:46 PMthey won't rent rooms to 12 year olds.

Maybe try a youth hostel. Be resourceful. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I thought we were focusing on "maturity level" here, not chronology.

GDS_Starfury

do keep up sweetie.

MikeGER

So what will be, the already planed and ordered, Israeli reaction?

I guesstimate a small flight will release a number of modified rather unexpected stealthy (for Iranian standards) cruise missiles, with penetrator capability (let's call it a Taurus 1.5) that will destroy a number of drones and/or ballistic missiles inside storage spaces.

Its not so much about to destroy a few dozen of drones but to demonstrate that they can hit any bunkered target deep inside Iran any time if they have to.
That is the message.