Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Piece of what? Nevermind. Better not knowing.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

There's kind of a cool little special offer going on right now on the official Total War site.  If you have "Total War Access" (IIRC, I think you essentially just have to be a registered member on the official TW forums), you get a choice of the following: 

1.)  Wrath of Sparta campaign pack
2.)  Black Sea Colonies culture pack
3.)  Nomadic Tribes culture pack
4.)  66% off Rome II

I chose the Black Sea Colonies culture pack, as I already own the other three.  I then noticed that once the culture pack was added/installed, the faction of Massilia was added as well.  8)  Score! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Destraex

Good call. But Russia wants my steam account.
My son is currently saving pocket money hoping to get rome2 in the 66% off steam sale before Tuesday.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

My bad...'peace.'  :nerd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Destraex on December 02, 2017, 06:31:56 AM
My son is currently saving pocket money hoping to get rome2 in the 66% off steam sale before Tuesday.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-rome-ii-emperor-edition

66% off for the next 7 days

all other Total War games are also on sale ...
https://www.fanatical.com/en/search?search=total%20war&utm_source=Fanatical+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9a10995e0f-TotalWarWK_12_02_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3437eaaeba-9a10995e0f-426916041&mc_cid=9a10995e0f&mc_eid=f5bc8844da

eg. Warhammer I -70%, Warhammer II -20%, ..

Manassassas

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 02, 2017, 12:04:54 PM

https://www.fanatical.com/en/search?search=total%20war&utm_source=Fanatical+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9a10995e0f-TotalWarWK_12_02_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3437eaaeba-9a10995e0f-426916041&mc_cid=9a10995e0f&mc_eid=f5bc8844da

If you're patient enough to wait until the Steam Christmas sale you can probably shave another few quid/dollars/shekels from the prices Fanatical are giving.

Nefaro

Quote from: Manassassas on December 02, 2017, 12:52:53 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on December 02, 2017, 12:04:54 PM

If you're patient enough to wait until the Steam Christmas sale you can probably shave another few quid/dollars/shekels from the prices Fanatical are giving.

I'm wondering when Warhammer 2 will get down to 40% Off.

Don't think that'll happen for quite awhile yet.  It's okay, though.  They're probably still patching it or the unified map thing anyway.

Been really tempted to get the new Rome 2 DLC, but it can wait.  Still plenty Rome 2, Rome 2 DLC, and Attila left for my historical TW forays without the need for more.  Plus Dom5 & others are vying for attention.  No lack of gaming options!  These are great days we're living in, bros! :)

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2017, 01:06:03 PM
I would have pre-ordered the new campaign if it wasn't 15.00. I love TW but 15.00 for a new campaign is very high unless it makes my bed and breakfast in the morning.

That said...anyone playing it? If someone here gives it solid praise and explains why it's worth the 15.00 I'll get it.

I'll say it is good.  But I'm a Rome II fanboi.  Is it worth 15 bucks?  To me it is worth closer to 34 dollars.  so I got it for less than half price. 

Some good things:  I was just playing a vanilla Rome II campaign in and around Persia and I took the Sassanids for the first run of the DLC.  It does seem very Persian to me, which if you like Persia is good.  Of course the King of Kings is still Zoroastrian, but there are lots of other "cults" rising that you can finance.  Plus the tech and command advancement trees and the political choices are better defined.  The battles seem more grim and feral and big.  The is a dead, frightening light over the desert.  Anyway...the battles have a new and better flavor, i think due to factors I can't really isolate at the moment.
  Screenshots later if I get some that capture the new grimmer face of battle.

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on December 02, 2017, 03:01:50 PM
There is a dead, frightening light over the desert.  Anyway...the battles have a new and better flavor, i think due to factors I can't really isolate at the moment.

?? 
~~~>

??   ???

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 02, 2017, 03:10:37 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 02, 2017, 03:01:50 PM
There is a dead, frightening light over the desert.  Anyway...the battles have a new and better flavor, i think due to factors I can't really isolate at the moment.

?? 
~~~>

Yeah, like that, but with more camel archers.

??   ???

Gusington

I love Persian history...damn you, Meng.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 02, 2017, 08:40:56 PM
I love Persian history...damn you, Meng.

This is my third Persian Campaign since the dawn of Rome II.  This one is a lot better...though with some similarities.  Sure enough, I had to hide in a forest with the archers and skirmishers to narrowly win a battle against a more balanced (less archer-heavy) army.  General killed, but won just barely.  Pulled out, signed a peace treaty with all concerned.

Oh!  I preserved the Zend-Avesta (so Antequil-Dupurron can retrieve it in Basra I think in 1759 or so).

Gusington

^You would do that. Very thoughtful.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 03, 2017, 03:17:00 PM
^You would do that. Very thoughtful.

It's one of those tech options.  I think it adds to your research speed I think, something like harems and galley slaves.

Gusington

Tech tree is updated?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd