Guys, there's a War Total Rome game coming! ...uh, Total Rome War. um...

Started by JasonPratt, March 26, 2021, 04:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: Gusington on April 02, 2021, 10:03:20 AM
You were able to enter your old disc keys and get a discount??
Somehow I thought as that's how it'd play. But no, I got the discount because I had the Rome Total War already at my Steam library, too. I bought it some time ago as it was selling next to nothing iirc.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Oche

I'm in...if they decide do this for Medieval 2 TW as well i'm also for it.   :notworthy:  \m/  :clap:

Gusington

^Hello stranger.

And thanks for posting Crossroads. I almost went into nerd rage - I'm annoyed enough that CA didn't set up a discount for old schoolers who have the discs.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Frequently you can activate a game on Steam by entering your hard copy code in the activate game tab.  I don't know if it will work with Rome 1.  You'll have to try it to find out.

Games --> Activate a game on Steam
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Crossroads

Quote from: Toonces on April 02, 2021, 07:09:59 PM
Frequently you can activate a game on Steam by entering your hard copy code in the activate game tab.  I don't know if it will work with Rome 1.  You'll have to try it to find out.

Games --> Activate a game on Steam

I honestly don't remember if I bought the Steam versions separately or activated them...

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Steam remembers, of course. I had bought RTW from a sale for some three bucks  :nerd:

Well. I had bought the RTW Collection which includes RTW and BI. I also have Alexander in my library, but have not purchased that one. Could it be that it was available via disc key at some stage...

Gusington

I've never activated anything on Steam from a disc and without reminding from Toonces, etc., I would never even remember that it's possible.

After hiking with the dog today and spring cleaning out the yard and deck, I suppose I could go traipsing around my basement looking for my original Rome TW disc, dig it out (eventually), activate it on Steam, cancel my pre-order with Fanatical and save 9.00.

But I'm beat and feeling lazy now...but...in the back of my head is something yelling '9.00 is 9.00!'

There's still time...:)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Whoa I didn't know you could use the cd key from a physical copy to activate a game on Steam.  I know exactly where my old RTW cd is as I was just recently re-organizing my gaming desk drawers.  Gonna try this tonight when I get home.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Thanks for the heads up Gus.  I was planning on using your basement to stage my nefarious deeds but now I'll steer clear. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

Funny enough, I was checking this out on Steam again last night.  I'm all-in, day 1, no questions asked.

If it's as awesome as I expect it to be, meaning scratches my own personal itches, then I desperately hope M2TW gets the same treatment.  And I'll be all-in day 1 on that too.

Giggity!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I do indeed think that remastering R:TW is a 'toe in the water' for M2:TW, probably their most beloved title. I just hope that doesn't preclude Total War: Medieval 3 from seeing the light of day.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

If anything, scoring rebuy cash from remasters of RTW and M2TW should help capitalize on M3TW.  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!