Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOS:96B2P

Combat Mission Black Sea.  Another ambush on the Lines of Communications.

al_infierno

Gotta love the juxtaposition of a guy firing straight through dry wall in your typical janky Combat Mission fashion, and one of the most cinematic screenshots I've ever seen in a wargame of a wounded soldier being executed.   :notworthy:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Combat Mission Black Sea. 

Combat Mission Cold War.  Some NTC action.  Breaching an OpFor obstacle belt under cover of a smoke screen.

Command track.

Sir Slash

I hate those damned barbed-wire obstructions in that game. More than the damned mines.  >:(  There should be a, 'Nuke Obstructions' button somewhere.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

A mine plow for the modern CM titles would be useful.  They have flail tanks for some of the WWII titles.  A modern mine plow would take care off both wire and mines in an obstacle belt.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Combat Mission Black Sea.  Moving through a village.

W8taminute

Some say happiness is a yellow Camaro. 

I say happiness is a red SdKfZ 250/3!

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

Attempting to learn Three Kingdoms Total War...about 5 hours into my first campaign. So many factions, the mind reels. And there is a lot going on 'under the hood' here too.

But I find that if I just relax and use my instinct, there are some familiar Total War systems in there coupled with interesting new features.

So I have been reeling in my old man 'change is bad' instinct and have calmly played on in this first campaign. Starting to enjoy it and the game runs like buttah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^It really is a good game and also runs smoothly on my 6 year old rig. 

Gusington

After about 7 hours it is sinking its hooks into me. If I stare into long enough I start to 'get it,' just like that era of Chinese history.

Any recommendations on keeping the populace in my cities and commanderies happy? My piece of ancient China is expanding but in a cruel twist, like every TW game ever, misery grows as my empire does.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^I've only played a few hours of this but from what I see so far is that you either need a town mayor who has pacification attributes or you need to build happiness buildings. 

I'm not sure if stationing troops inside the city helps because I haven't tried that yet.