Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^HA!

Rest assured that what is moistened is very difficult to make unmoistened. Dismoistened? Less moistened.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2017, 08:49:36 PM
^HA!

Rest assured that what is moistened is very difficult to make unmoistened. Dismoistened? Less moistened.

De-moistened
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

I started playing BattleTech right when the Clans were being introduced to the game-world, so for me it was normal to have them around and/or show up in a campaign -- generally as antagonists (our group still always played Mechwarriors from the IS or Periphery).  I can easily see why other players wouldn't care for them, though. 

Either way, this is a game I'm still looking forward to getting.  Even though I've not sat down and played the pen-and-paper version in almost two years now, the world of BattleTech/Mechwarrior maintains its grip on me; there's something about it I've always found fascinating. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

Quote from: Martok on November 17, 2017, 02:37:26 AM
I started playing BattleTech right when the Clans were being introduced to the game-world, so for me it was normal to have them around and/or show up in a campaign -- generally as antagonists (our group still always played Mechwarriors from the IS or Periphery).  I can easily see why other players wouldn't care for them, though. 

Either way, this is a game I'm still looking forward to getting.  Even though I've not sat down and played the pen-and-paper version in almost two years now, the world of BattleTech/Mechwarrior maintains its grip on me; there's something about it I've always found fascinating.

I got introduced in the MW world with Clans as welll. I've always liked the invasion era tbh.
The sole reason I have such a hard time playing the tabletop game is the humongous time investment a single battle requires.
But, like Martok, the game never slips from my mind. The lore is just so well established and the game is so broad; you can play anything from tiny special ops insertion scenarios to full fledged intergalactic wars. Its insane really and the Mech vs Mech combat is just a tiny bit from the broad options the game system represents.
I hope the upcoming BT game will slowly expand over time and will include combined arms at some point.
At any rate, the game is easily my most anticipated game, along with MW5.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

bob48

^HA!

Dessicated
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on November 17, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
^HA!

Dessicated

Dessicated loins? That sounds rough.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

And in all probability, chaff.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

joram

Super excited personally.  I played the table top for years before I had to give it all away.  While I enjoyed the lore and preset mechs, I spent countless hours designing my own and running them against my friends.  I even once was inspired to write a (very) short story set in the universe.  I hope what they discussed in the RPS article is just the tip of the iceberg.

acctingman

I haven't followed this game for a while, but it's been pushed back to a 2018 release now, right?

RyanE

Quote from: mirth on November 17, 2017, 04:23:27 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 17, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
^HA!

Dessicated

Lotion?

Dessicated loins? That sounds rough.

MetalDog

Aveeno...official lotion of GrogHeads (not approved by management or Aveeno, but, hey, that's the running joke....isn't it?)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

You're kicking it old school now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Zulu1966

Is it worth buying the early beta access on this ? 60 is a lot for an unfinished game.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

joram

Hard to say.  The skirmish game is pretty well polished and in my opinion, pretty hard.   Whether that's enough for you or not depends in your interest in the universe. 

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on November 17, 2017, 04:30:28 PM
And in all probability, chaff.

Handy if you have a bandit on your six.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys