Queen Elizabeth II dies

Started by SirAndrewD, September 08, 2022, 12:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

History in the making guys....

Shocked.  I kinda thought she'd live forever. 

King Charles time?  There's going to be a real tumult in the UK.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Yes. The queen is dead, long live the queen!

Very sad. RIP.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

kinda going to be weird without her around.

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Yeah.  Kind of surreal. 

I wonder if Charles is going to keep the name and be Charles III.  The first two parts of that trilogy left a lot to be desired history wise.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

Wow.  That truly is the end of an era.

Tripoli

I am guessing that her passing will, in time, be seen as a significant event.  IMHO, while the British Crown does not have the political authority it once had, she had imbued it with some authority that helped the UK's position both in the Commonwealth and globally.  I'm not sure that situation will continue.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Long live...King Charles? I dunno, maaan...

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 08, 2022, 01:27:19 PM
Long live...King Charles? I dunno, maaan...

The newscasters on TV are constantly tripping up and calling him Prince Charles. 

Man...this is going to take time to get used to.

Gusington

Can't the British skip a generation if the ascending monarch is...less than stellar?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

And yep, he confirmed he's choosing King Charles III over George VII.

May he have a better rep than his namesakes.

Gusington

Well Charles II was pretty well loved, wasn't he? 'The Merry Monarch' and all that?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

steve58

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 08, 2022, 01:00:45 PM
Yes. The queen is dead, long live the queen!

Very sad. RIP.

May she rest in peace.

God help the king.   ???
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 08, 2022, 01:46:09 PM
Well Charles II was pretty well loved, wasn't he? 'The Merry Monarch' and all that?

Not really.  They called him the Merry Monarch because he was a noted libertine and hedonist.  He had 12 illegitimate children we know about and no legitimate ones.

He was affable, but spent most of his time as King trying to hold onto his throne and not follow his Dad to the chopping block.  He gets mixed to failing grades by historians.

steve58

Major changes for the British in just a few days, a new king and a new PM. 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)