Main Menu

Fridaycatcher

Started by Anguille, June 02, 2023, 02:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Amanda Marshall is finally back.

Not sure if i'll have much time to play this weekend but i'll try to continue my campaign of Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Maybe some Stellaris or Stronghold Warlords or else.

Enjoy your weekend!

devoncop

Having won my first Campaign in Heia Safari as the Germans in May 1917 I am taking in some intermittent Gloomhaven levels in Guildmaster mode whilst deciding on a proper wargame campaign to take on.

May go back to see the improvements to either Shadow Empire or Distant Worlds 2 , or maybe have a run as Italy in Rule the Waves 3 with a 1925 or 1930 cut off .
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Jarhead0331

I'm relearning the A10 in DCS and for some reason, it seems to be clicking for me this time. I'll also try some more star citizen 3.19, although it's buggy as hell, and I'll try the new build of Starsector. First new release of that title in over a year. Finally, I'll try to get into System Shock, but it hasn't grabbed me so far.

Everyone enjoy. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Picked up Call to Arms - Gates of Hell : Ostfront (currently on sale) so I will try it out.
Also a bit of Anno 1800.

@ Anguille : not the biggest fan of Amanda Marshall but this really is a good song.

Enjoy the weekend.

Gusington

Finally got to the Atlantis campaign in Assassin's Creed Odyssey in time to get fatigued from the game :/... so putting it aside for a little while and picking up Old World and the new ancients dlc for Age of Empire II DE. Thinking of playing Egypt or Carthage in Old World and Palmyra in AoE.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

BoC work.  Continue to work on the Rule the Waves 3 and Eagle Day AARs.  Possibly some CMO.  Reading the rules for a FtF game of "Banish the Snakes" on Monday.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

SirAndrewD

I too finally picked up Gates of Hell, partly to help support Jason's upcoming Pacific Air War project as best as I can. 

Seems fun so far. 

I also picked up Between the Stars and System Shock, but they will probably be in the back burner for a bit.  Absolutely need to finish Jedi Survivor first and I have some trigger time flying RIO in a Tomcat with a buddy of mine in DCS planned.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Phantom

Holiday in Majorca severely disrupting gaming, them's the breaks I guess. Toying with idea of taking extremely portable PaxRen 2 with me.

Gusington

^I feel terrible.*

*No I don't.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'm in the beginnings of a gaming rut right now.  Can't seem to get into anything.  I'm going to probably play a bit of Fallout 4 on PS4 in an attempt to break free of this rut by changing up my routine a bit. 

The only thing about Fallout 4 is...

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

TW Warhammer3 co-op with my son.  (I hate autospell corrections)

Shadow Empire.

Maybe the new Star Sector. Thanks for the heads-up JH.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Fetrik

For the last few weeks I've been playing X4 every free moment and this weekend is no different.

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 02, 2023, 01:21:12 PMI too finally picked up Gates of Hell, partly to help support Jason's upcoming Pacific Air War project as best as I can. 

Seems fun so far. 

I also picked up Between the Stars and System Shock, but they will probably be in the back burner for a bit.  Absolutely need to finish Jedi Survivor first and I have some trigger time flying RIO in a Tomcat with a buddy of mine in DCS planned.
Gate of Hell is fun for sure and I have owned it for a long time, I think it's probably superior graphically to men of war 2 from what I have seen. But still had the fog of war problems that a lot of these RTS games have. I find the men of war engine games exacerbate this mechanic. By this I mean that without infantry scouting you don't know where huge enemy tanks are firing at you from, even when they are in the open!!! It's the same for company of heroes to a lesser extent.

I will probably play:
Company of Heroes 3
Star Citizen - the guys have been getting a little anxious to try this again
Steel Division 2 - I "might" have some games of this as I just got the last two addons I did not have on special and thus some new sides to play with.
Hopefully some Hell Let Loose or War of Rights
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Yeah.  I am actually liking Gates of Hell more than Men of War or Battle of Empires (which I hated). 

But you're correct, infantry is really just not as effective as it should be.  It's better than Men of War, but they're still difficult to get into good positions to do the real heavy lifting that they need to do, especially for scouting. 

It's made the game devolve a bit to me into a RTS War Thunder like relying heavily on vehicles.  I mean, it's not that bad but for now I just find the employment of vehicles to be superior.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback