Vassal opponent?

Started by DicedT, February 18, 2012, 09:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Carrier is done- screenshot here (this is the ZunTzu game box):

www.garykrockover.com/zuntzu/carrier_screenshot.jpg

The VASSAL module is done as well but it uses my first map which is just a recreation of the games original map. 

Since Carrier is solitaire only, I find that it plays very nicely in ZunTzu. 

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Rekim

Quote from: GJK on March 20, 2012, 10:15:28 PM
Carrier is done- screenshot here (this is the ZunTzu game box):

www.garykrockover.com/zuntzu/carrier_screenshot.jpg

The VASSAL module is done as well but it uses my first map which is just a recreation of the games original map. 

Umm...that map looks amazing. Have you tried printing it for use on the table?

it sounds like you are working on some pimped up versions of the map. What kind of tweaks are you considering? Sounds like it might be more than just cosmetic.

Thanks for sharing.

GJK

Quote from: Rekim on March 21, 2012, 07:15:15 AM

Umm...that map looks amazing. Have you tried printing it for use on the table?

it sounds like you are working on some pimped up versions of the map. What kind of tweaks are you considering? Sounds like it might be more than just cosmetic.

Thanks for sharing.

I haven't printed it- it is a raster based image and not vector so I'm not sure how it would come out. 

No further tweaks planned; the game itself is very solid so my tweaks were purely cosmetic. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

Brant, Mike, we on for lunch today?

Keunert

:o

:D [move]

[move] :-*
[/move]that's pretty good programming lad![/move]
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Barthheart

LongBlade

Great job, Gary. Looks very nice.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Barthheart - my plan is to play today, but my schedule has been screwed all week b/c of a non-Brant-related meltdown at work that commandeered my office for 4 days (they all game in on Sunday) and I'm still wading through the debris of...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 22, 2012, 08:31:49 AM
Barthheart - my plan is to play today, but my schedule has been screwed all week b/c of a non-Brant-related meltdown at work that commandeered my office for 4 days (they all game in on Sunday) and I'm still wading through the debris of...

Ah... sounds messy... well looks like Mike and I will be on line so join in if you can.

Bison

Well I managed to install Vassal 3.1.18 sucessfully.  Now I just need to figure out this whole module thingy and wait for me and my new board games to be united in happy wargaming bliss.  Then there's the whole getting an actual game setup with an actual person.  But those are trials for another day.

Today's score:
Bison 1, Murphy's Law 0

Bison

OK.  I've been dorking around with Vassal for a couple hours now.  Mostly downloading the ASL maps, clear overlays and GJK's suggested extensions. 

My question is do I need to create a seperate folder like games/vasl/module/ type set up for each game or can I create a folder system like /games/vmodules/LnL/ where any future modules would just be located in a seperate folder under the vmodules folder?

Bison

OK.  I figured it out, I think.  http://www.advancedsquadleader.net/index.php/Scenarios 

And I don't see the ASL Starter Kit Expansion #1 scenarios offered.  /sigh/  Onward with my explorations.

Barthheart

Come on out to this event:

http://virtualcon.weebly.com/

We'll demo'ing LnL games all day with VASSAL. Also lots of help to get you set up.

Bison

I'll attempt to make it if I can.  It sounds exactly like the type of thing I need to get going on Vassal and LnL.

Bison

Got LnL:BoH module loaded up.  The counters look great.  Are there any folders I need to create or extensions that anyone recommends I download?