Microprose to publish...

Started by Jarhead0331, May 05, 2020, 07:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

'Heavy, man.'

'You keep saying that. Is there a problem with gravity in the future?'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

If my experience is any sign there will be problems with gravity in your future. Trust me.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Dammit Carl!

One of the few good things from 2020 so far (at least to me).  Congrats to all!

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Lowenstaat

I ran across this interesting bit of Microprose history, according to Sandy Petersen:

I had no idea these events, if true, were going on behind the scenes at my favorite game developer and publisher from the 1980s and 1990s. I hope the new Microprose produces some fine games and steers clear such shenanigans!

Edited to add his follow-up about transitioning from Microprose to Id Software:
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Give me Master of Orion and Fields of Glory....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on May 26, 2020, 07:11:08 AM

You might be the only person on the planet asking for something else. Christ... :idiot2: There is  like, what, at least 40 different clones of master of Orion?

This announcement is like Christmas, New Years and the 4th of July for most of the free game playing world.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 26, 2020, 07:16:32 AM

You might be the only person on the planet asking for something else. Christ... :idiot2: There is  like, what, at least 40 different clones of master of Orion?

This announcement is like Christmas, New Years and the 4th of July for most of the free game playing world.
You're right, it's a great announcement and i am really looking forward to this (the screenshots look amazing).

I know, i know....many clones of Master of Orion but none done right. And Fields of Glory is still unmatched in terms of scope and scenarios (Scourge of War is close but FoG is really the top view). And, i know it's from Sierra, but give me Civil War 3: Generals...

This new MicroProse is very promising.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on May 26, 2020, 07:46:01 AM

You're right, it's a great announcement and i am really looking forward to this (the screenshots look amazing).

I know, i know....many clones of Master of Orion but none done right. And Fields of Glory is still unmatched in terms of scope and scenarios (Scourge of War is close but FoG is really the top view). And, i know it's from Sierra, but give me Civil War 3: Generals...

Have you tried Fields of Glory on GoG yet? How does it hold up?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 26, 2020, 08:02:50 AM
Quote from: Anguille on May 26, 2020, 07:46:01 AM

Have you tried Fields of Glory on GoG yet? How does it hold up?
Yes i did. It's fun. But the AI has never been good. I like the artwort, the music and research put into the game (there's a description for every unit). Commands are easy to give, so the game has a fairly good UI, still today. But the game is too easy (on paar with Empire TW), maybe it's more challenging if i don't play the french?...Waterloo: Napoleon's last battle is much more challenging and similar in scope (but has only one battle). It's ok for a small break in between.