Age of Mythology- Has had a make over

Started by FlickJax, April 07, 2014, 02:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlickJax

Gusington

I fell for this with Age of Empires II. For me it's just too dated, I could not take the game seriously in 2014. Too many other great games have been released.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on April 07, 2014, 07:42:37 AM
I fell for this with Age of Empires II. For me it's just too dated, I could not take the game seriously in 2014. Too many other great games have been released.

Graphically its a bit better than age of empires 2 though

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on April 07, 2014, 07:42:37 AM

I agree with this, and was going to post as much. However, I'm glad old classics are not forgotten and there is a place to get them (ie. GOG and now Steam).  However, when they repackage them, maybe sprucing them up a little, and then charge almost full price for them, as if its a "new" release, I think that is taking it too far. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Yeah. It may work for some guys. For me I tried to play for a few minutes and was just 'meh I can't get into this.' Also like JH said the price I paid was not worth it. Typically I am not this grumpy about games but AoE II stands out for me because I really loved it in 1998. But in 2014, no. YMMV.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd