Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

from all that Ive read, being drunk on the Eastern Front was pretty common on both sides.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JasonPratt

I thought, ha how could that be "sensitive content", until I clicked it. Jesus Christ on a camel! -- that looked like a dog killing a rat! Then a car rolls up at the end, stop, beeps its horn for the camel to move out of the way, the camel looks up to evaluate its chances on the next target, then goes back to nosing the body! Still in the path of the newly arrived car.

"Camels don't shiv." -- Frank Miller's 'Rob', to 'Don' probably, after seeing that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Holy moly - he killed him! That is nuts. Lesson learned...for the rest of us.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2023, 06:05:21 PMHoly moly - he killed him! That is nuts. Lesson learned...for the rest of us.
In latest news Wagner has started a new recruitment for its Camel Corps

Gusington

Finally watching By Dawn's Early Light for the first time right now. I don't know if any of you remember it, but the incident that sets everything off occurs in...Donetsk  :undecided:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Corruption inside the Ukrainian Government, why is the first time I'm hearing about this? Please keep in mind I've been asleep for the last 10 years.  :TimeOut:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 06, 2023, 11:26:46 AMCorruption inside the Ukrainian Government, why is the first time I'm hearing about this? Please keep in mind I've been asleep for the last 10 years.  :TimeOut:

I thought it was a topic of globally obsessive interest, but then I'm generally wrong about these things.  Meanwhile, the
Russians seem to be making some advances.  I hurried over to ISW, but their latest update is about how Putin is trying
to minimize his risks.  I guess a Russian offensive now isn't too risky and maybe less risky than waiting for the Ukrainians to do something big and in any case Putin has to keep this war going forever, which might mean not going too far with the current Russian offensive since it might get into trouble.  Better to just keep pounding away, I would think.

JasonPratt

Quote from: MengJiao on February 06, 2023, 11:54:14 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 06, 2023, 11:26:46 AMCorruption inside the Ukrainian Government, why is the first time I'm hearing about this? Please keep in mind I've been asleep for the last 10 years.  :TimeOut:

I thought it was a topic of globally obsessive interest, but then I'm generally wrong about these things.

I expect Slash is deploying some satire about how much some media are ignoring the prior problems in their (understandable) interest for keeping up support for the Ukrainian people defending their land.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

If the Ukrainians weren't doing anything about their corruption problems I would be upset, they happened be doing quite a lot about it.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Con on February 05, 2023, 08:13:13 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2023, 06:05:21 PMHoly moly - he killed him! That is nuts. Lesson learned...for the rest of us.
In latest news Wagner has started a new recruitment for its Camel Corps

Man, the gritty modern update to that 1976 Disney film loosely based on the US Cavalry in the 1854 southwest desert, is gonna make fans of the original chew up the internet and spit on it! (....like a camel!)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074614/

(Note: one of the first movies at a theater I ever saw as a kid. Unlike Godzilla vs Megalon, I have not watched it many times since then and do not own at least two copies of it on DVD/Blu.)

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 06, 2023, 12:27:57 PMIf the Ukrainians weren't doing anything about their corruption problems I would be upset, they happened be doing quite a lot about it.

I know, they've been (and had been) working on it. Arguably that's one of the reasons Putin decided to invade: he was losing his grip on the previously established corruption which he was counting on to deliver the country into his hand without set piece battles.

Sir Slash

Well obviously someone caught stealing from your own government being just moved to a new post isn't doing as much as could be done about it. Like maybe firing the guy. Or charging him with a crime? How about finding out what he did with the money? That would at least be a good start.  :nono2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

they are removing and charging these people.
what disinformation is tucker the taint tanner feeding you today?