Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Father Ted

Quote from: acctingman on February 15, 2022, 01:56:34 PM
Anyone watching Reacher?

It's good!

Yeah I liked it - replicates in TV form the disposable entertainment of the book.

Pete Dero

Yellowjackets (Showtime) is airing on TV tonight.  Many people seem to like it a lot.  No streaming service has it in my country so linear viewing is the only solution.   Worth it ?

Gusington

Friends of mine have been raving about Yellowjackets and demand that I watch it...I haven't yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I took-in, "The Power of the Dog" on Netflix tonight cause I saw it was nominated for an Oscar. What a waste of 2 hours. Beautiful scenery and Benedict Cumberbatch couldn't save this film with no real plot, no action, humor, or suspense. A slight kick at the end came way too late make it worth the wait. 4 Outta 10, and I'm being kind here.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: acctingman on February 15, 2022, 01:56:34 PM
Anyone watching Reacher?

It's good!

The wife and I liked Reacher. She had read the books, so she was pretty into it.

While I liked it and would recommend it....it kind of reminded me of a super-hero movie. Or, one of those old Schwarzenegger flicks. Reacher is basically a one-man army. So I found it hard to take too seriously.  I'd say 7 out of 10, my wife would go higher...but probably only because Reacher walks around without a shirt at least once in every episode.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Can you give a one sentence, elevator pitch for Reacher?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2022, 01:23:10 PM
Can you give a one sentence, elevator pitch for Reacher?

Former American MP roves America and the world as a Knight Errant one man A-Team.  His brain is as big as his muscles.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Does he own a cool black van with a red stripe?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2022, 01:48:32 PM

No.  Because no one is as cool as BA.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 17, 2022, 01:50:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2022, 01:48:32 PM

No.  Because no one is as cool as BA.

Don't watch any of Mr. T 'music' videos or you might change your mind.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 17, 2022, 02:06:48 PM

Don't watch any of Mr. T 'music' videos or you might change your mind.

Shut your mouth!

Not only do I have every single copy of the Mister T and the T Force...SIGNED by the man himself, but I have the original VHS of the following that I "won" on Ebay...

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd