Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Great series of WWI / WWII documentaries on youtube called War Factories. Kind of the 'next level' of detail in war documentary land.

They cover some pretty interesting / often overlooked detail about the 'back end' of war efforts.

Such as the fact that Opel, the German truck producer was owned by the US' General Motors at the break out of WWII.

There are probably 30 of these documentaries on YouTube. Just do a search for "War Factories" on YouTube.

Some examples

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

Just got notification that Netflix will carry one of my all-time favorites, "Band of Brothers" on Sept. 15th. And, "The Pacific" soon to follow. I know, they're both old as dinosaur shit but I love 'em and can't wait to see them again with  :pizza[1]: and a  :beermug[1]:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Redwolf

Finally found the Steve Canyon thing on Amazon prime (previously did not show up in my searches) and saved an actual link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B0B8MTYSDT/ref=atv_hm_hom_c_lZOsi7_2_3?jic=8%7CEgNhbGw%3D

GDS_Starfury

Steve Canyon  omg  :Dreamer:
season 1 episode 15
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

Forgive me if this has been posted for already.  I'll be honest, not going to read through 46+ pages to check.

Anyways, anyone watch "What we do in the shadows" on Hulu? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 14, 2023, 09:41:16 AMJust got notification that Netflix will carry one of my all-time favorites, "Band of Brothers" on Sept. 15th. And, "The Pacific" soon to follow. I know, they're both old as dinosaur shit but I love 'em and can't wait to see them again with  :pizza[1]: and a  :beermug[1]:

Also coming, Masters of the Air, the 8th Air Force version of Band of Brothers will be coming out in January.  Also a Spielberg/Hanks combined effort. But not on HBO this time. Will be on Apple+
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sigwolf

Quote from: W8taminute on November 03, 2023, 02:58:04 PMForgive me if this has been posted for already.  I'll be honest, not going to read through 46+ pages to check.

Anyways, anyone watch "What we do in the shadows" on Hulu? 
Absolutely love it.  Loved the original movie, loved the offshoot Wellington Paranormal series, and love the rebrand current series.  Brilliant stuff.

Redwolf

"Sea Patrol" on Amazon Prime is much to my liking.

Australian military series. Starts off more milsim like, turns a bit into Miami Vice in the late seasons.