Germany - Plot to Overthrow the German Government 2022

Started by ArizonaTank, December 07, 2022, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I think we all knew before knowing that somewhere, Russians were involved.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Makes sense for them to be.  A coup by a group this fringe would need some outside support to even have a chance to succeed. 

Even if the Russians didn't agitate it, and there's no evidence either way on that yet that's being made public, they would be foolish not to try to benefit from it if it happened in some way. 

We'd do (and have done) the same in reverse.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 07, 2022, 03:12:31 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 07, 2022, 03:05:51 PM
Hohenzollerns?

Well at least we can be sure they aren't Nazis...  ::)

House Reuss apparently.  That's the last active branch of the old line. 

ABC reports that he's been arrested as well, and there's no indication that the Russians had made any firm agreements to the ringleaders proposals.   It seems by reports (also ABC) the Reichsburgers reached out to the Russians, not vice versa.

Is this the same guy who earlier (this year? last year?) was trying to get back assets and land lost to the family when Wilhelm abdicated in 1918? I can't seem to find the story anymore to check.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Color me a history nerd :nerd: but this is fascinating. If you can find that 1918 link I would love to read it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 07, 2022, 03:42:52 PM
Is this the same guy who earlier (this year? last year?) was trying to get back assets and land lost to the family when Wilhelm abdicated in 1918? I can't seem to find the story anymore to check.

Not sure.  I'd barely even heard of this guy till today.

Seems in line with something he'd do though. 

The Reichsbuerger's believe Germany ceased to exist post World War 2 and is controlled by the Anglo Deep State in London. 

The monarchists in their movement believe the Empire never actually legally went away and that Germany has been occupied and dominated illegally by Western interests as far back as 1918.

Heinrich isn't actually royalty anymore and the Reuss family has rejected him and his ideas and claims.  They recognize his eldest son as their head of household and they make no claims to official royal title or authority. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 07, 2022, 04:12:27 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 07, 2022, 03:42:52 PM

Not sure.  I'd barely even heard of this guy till today.

Seems in line with something he'd do though. 

OK, found it...2019 story. Different guy... Georg Friedrich Prinz von Preußen

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/11/22/germany-kaiser-wilhelm-hohenzollern-family-prussia/
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Dammit Carl!

Listening to a podcast now where they are going over Louis Napoleon III and getting a kick out of this. 

solops

This all sounds absurd. It looks like nothing more than an attempt to suppress and criminalize some political dissent and some particular political views deemed a threat to those in power.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

Quote from: solops on December 07, 2022, 08:32:39 PM
This all sounds absurd. It looks like nothing more than an attempt to suppress and criminalize some political dissent and some particular political views deemed a threat to those in power.

Let's not get into the "political views" part of the argument.   C:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Thanks AT, I actually think I did read that article back when it was published. Very interesting, in a dark way.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Con

Well you know which way the wind is blowing when they are handing out the jack boots and brown shirts

Sir Slash

I think the political views part of the argument is quite pertinent. The groups the government is accusing of being terrorists actually opposed the Covid Mandates and lockdowns by the government and organized protests against them. The government has a clear interest in discrediting them and intimidating others who might agree with them. Such a far-fetched plot to return the Monarchy to power strikes me as ridiculously false. I can't imagine anyone who would think it could actually succeed. But, it should be good for some great, bad jokes going forward.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 07, 2022, 11:01:22 PM
I think the political views part of the argument is quite pertinent. The groups the government is accusing of being terrorists actually opposed the Covid Mandates and lockdowns by the government and organized protests against them. The government has a clear interest in discrediting them and intimidating others who might agree with them. Such a far-fetched plot to return the Monarchy to power strikes me as ridiculously false. I can't imagine anyone who would think it could actually succeed. But, it should be good for some great, bad jokes going forward.  :hide:

But this begs the question of what "political views" you're referring to, which is inherently an R&P discussion and not allowed.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao