East Palestine train derailment

Started by al_infierno, February 13, 2023, 07:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

You are correct, sir.  Sorry for the sloppy math. 

W8taminute

Just saw a news article that a building in NYC collapsed.  There was also another explosion in Ohio. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Another Norfolk Southern Train Derails as CEO Testifies to Congress.  :HideEyes:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/norfolk-southern-train-derails-in-alabama-as-ceo-eric-shaw-testifies-to-congress

A Norfolk Southern train derailed in Alabama on Thursday—at the same time the company's CEO Eric Shaw was testifying to Congress about the toxic East Palestine train derailment. Around 30 empty train cars came off the tracks in Calhoun County, local reports said, and no one was injured. There's no risk of hazardous materials in the Alabama derailment, according to the county sheriff.

Groggy

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 09, 2023, 04:41:31 PMAnother Norfolk Southern Train Derails as CEO Testifies to Congress.  :HideEyes:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/norfolk-southern-train-derails-in-alabama-as-ceo-eric-shaw-testifies-to-congress

A Norfolk Southern train derailed in Alabama on Thursday—at the same time the company's CEO Eric Shaw was testifying to Congress about the toxic East Palestine train derailment. Around 30 empty train cars came off the tracks in Calhoun County, local reports said, and no one was injured. There's no risk of hazardous materials in the Alabama derailment, according to the county sheriff.

A private railway who lobbied for safety deregulation derailed again. Shocker.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Windigo

Remember the Ford Pinto? Executives let the design go ahead because the bean counters said it would be cheaper to deal with the lawsuits then it would be to redesign the car.

Well I am thinking this is the thinking here. Regardless this is criminal in my mind.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

FarAway Sooner

It's only criminal if the prosecutor can get a conviction. 

Otherwise it's just a business cost.

Windigo

The whole prosecution/legal side of things in America seem way too political for consistent success against corporate decisions that malevolently put profits before public interests.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

I agree, example...Bankmanfried.  :hair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

In today's episode of Earth: The Sitcom...

Truck carrying 40,000 pounds of toxic soil from East Palestine train derailment site crashes on highway

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/east-palestine-ohio-train-derailment-truck-carrying-40000-pounds-of-toxic-soil-crashes-on-highway/
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

Wasn't that the plot for, "Toxic Avenger"? I forget.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

'Jesus F*cking Christ, 'Murica'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner