Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Uberhaus

Well as one very committed Christian I know, with a PhD in Chem, told me: "Man cannot control God's plans."

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

W8taminute

Brothers, I know exactly where you're coming from, however let's tread carefully here.  Remember the rules of this website.  :cool:

Btw that was a good article, thanks for sharing Tripoli.

Ok Star, I understand what you're saying.  Without trying to push something on you you don't want let's at least just say isn't it interesting to say the least?  Even if it seems like fantasy you gotta admit it's interesting.  Let me explain...

I do know there are over 600 laws to be kept in Judaism.  And like that article mentioned, a number of those laws do require the presence of a temple. 

Now the problem is that on the temple mount we have two Islamic structures.  This is a huge source of contention.  If there is to be a new temple built, what happens to those two mosques? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

careful what you think you wish for.  not directed at anyone here, just a warning about interpreting prophecy.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

:Dreamer:

JasonPratt

Several guys in my Sunday School class know one of the ranchers who was helping with the heifer breeding program, his ranch being less than 20 miles west of where I'm sitting between us and the Mississippi River!

Leaving aside the religious aspects, the geopolitical point (which could trigger any amount of Middle Eastern combat) is that a group of orthodox Jewish Levites including priestly family members in Israel, have planned to set up a pre-fab version of the Temple but need a good heifer to sacrifice for the ashes first -- I've been told the one who will come of age first was bred from stock at the nearby ranch I mentioned, btw -- and they aren't necessarily going to wait until something happens to the Dome of the Rock. Nor are they going to try to do anything to the Dome itself. Rather they've plotted out room on Mount Zion for a minimum version of the Temple and will set that up over to the side, once the heifer comes of age to sacrifice on Olivet (over across the Kidron valley).

As far as I know, that still involves taking over part of Mount Zion from 'Palestinian' control, and even if it didn't (I'm not totally sure of who has control of the specific plot of land they have in mind) the Muslim world will not very well tolerate the return of a functioning Temple in Jerusalem.

So those heifers are a ticking clock counting down to a massive upsurge of instability coming to the Middle East sometime very soon.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Uberhaus

I am curious as to why China and Russia would veto the US ceasefire proposal at the UN security council.  I think it is something more than tit for tat for rebuffing the Russian iniative in November.  https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/10/1142427
Since the Chinese has supported a ceasefire previously, it is perplexing as to why they would block it.  https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/china-calls-concrete-roadmap-two-state-solution-solve-gaza-conflict-2023-11-30/

As PM Netenyahu is ready to have the IDF push into Rafah and his political backers want to depopulate Gaza, Egypt will have to make a choice soon.  https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-68631712?src_origin=BBCS_BBC
QuoteIsrael's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told the US Secretary of State that Israel will go into Rafah.

Netanyahu told secretary Antony Blinken, who is in Israel, that he hoped there would be US support. But he also said Israel was prepared to enter the city without support from their key ally.

There are about 1.5 million Palestinians sheltering in the city of Rafah, which has become a massive refugee camp.

People from cities and villages in the north fled to Rafah for refuge.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-minister-repeats-call-palestinians-leave-gaza-2023-12-31/

Let me reiterate my support for Israel's right to defend itself from the barbaric attacks of Hamas and further the right to rescue its citizens from brutal captivity.  However, as Egypt has threatened to end the peace treaty with Israel if the latter enters Rafah as the Egyptians will end up with the Palestinians, who they like the Jordanians, do not want. https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/egypt-threatens-to-suspend-peace-treaty-with-israel/7484199.html Netenyahu should carefully consider whether Israel can afford to lose this treaty.

I would only be guessing about probabilities of Egypt going to war with Israel but despite the peace treaty, Egyptian sentiment is staunchly anti-Israeli.  A war with Egypt would be exploited by all anti-Israeli states and groups.  Would China and Russia benefit from the chaos of if not war then the crisis of Rafah invaded?  More speculation on my part; hopefully, I'm full of        it, and would love to hear so.  Iran would definitely like to see such crises, but I'd really be pushing speculation to believe Iran has such clout with Russia and China.

Gusington

^A key point there that keeps getting buried is that no one wants to help or shelter Palestinian refugees.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2024, 11:28:31 AM^A key point there that keeps getting buried is that no one wants to help or shelter Palestinian refugees.

Quote from: Uberhaus on March 22, 2024, 11:13:29 AMHowever, as Egypt has threatened to end the peace treaty with Israel if the latter enters Rafah as the Egyptians will end up with the Palestinians, who they like the Jordanians, do not want.

The Jordanian experience with Palestinian refugees is Black September, Egypt doesn't want militants in the Sinai again.  Neither want the nullification of the possibility of a Palestinian state. https://apnews.com/article/palestinian-jordan-egypt-israel-refugee-502c06d004767d4b64848d878b66bd3d
QuoteTheir refusal is rooted in fear that Israel wants to force a permanent expulsion of Palestinians into their countries and nullify Palestinian demands for statehood. El-Sissi also said a mass exodus would risk bringing militants into Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, from where they might launch attacks on Israel, endangering the two countries' 40-year-old peace treaty.

Israel is in a difficult position to rescue its citizens and further degrade Hamas, especially if Egypt's leadership is confusingly saying both that the peace treaty will be voided if Rafah is invaded, but in so causing an exodus would endanger the peace treaty due to future militant attacks into Israel.

Gusington

At this point I doubt Israel gives a hoot what Egypt wants or thinks and I don't blame them.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2024, 12:30:19 PMAt this point I doubt Israel gives a hoot what Egypt wants or thinks and I don't blame them.
I understand, I can even understand if Israel, while it cannot completely eradicate Hamas; it can send a message to populations that support or just tolerate atrocities against the Israeli people.  Brutal realpolitik, but it is also realpolitik for Israel to consider the possibility of a widening war.

Jarhead0331

I don't think Israel has ever really cared what anybody else wants or thinks.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Uberhaus

The shot-up and napalmed USS Liberty which I won't ever understand, as if my understanding matters at all.  Other than not to interfere.

Respectfully, one thing I am trying to fathom is what interest Russia and China have in vetoing the US's ceasefire proposal right before Israel is threatening to invade Rafah?