Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 08, 2023, 06:32:00 PM^Maybe more 'when' than 'if.'

Hey, I did move from sales to running JV/Media Marketing with my company.  Just sayin!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

It has been noted by the board  :tophat:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Skoop on January 27, 2023, 07:56:06 PMI recently read a review of the Apache by a real Apache pilot who stated the dcs Apache is more twitchier and harder to fly than the real life Apache.  But I'm not sure if all the auto pilot dampers are modeled yet.  And the Apache's flight model is a work in progress.

This is HEAVILY dependent on your control setup though. There are other Apache pilots who say in interviews it's exactly right (and even have been helping ED to perfect it). Remember everyone is going to have a different set of controls for PC sims and it will naturally feel best when the controller is question is physically and in software calibration most similar to whoever is coding and flight testing it on the ED side.

SirAndrewD

Marianas map on full...here I come...

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Skoop

Those 4000 series cards are beefy.  If you ever get the time, a water cooling plate is sweet on those.  It cuts the size and weight of the card down.  Also, 1200 to 1500 power supply goes along way with these.

SirAndrewD

Oh yeah, it's chunky.  Finally will get a use out of the absurdly large PSU.

MSI was good enough to include a mounting bracket to handle the weight load.

Last time I fit something big into that small of a space I.....wait.....

Jarhead0331

Pre-orders are officially open.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Are they ever having a 3-day try-out-everything event again? The last one was very useful to make purchase decisions.

Destraex

How to enable multithreading in the latest patch. Basically go to the DCS directory and run the DCS.exe from the Bin-mt directory instead of the bin directory. Once you load in the bottom right hand side of the landing page will contain the text "multithread" near the version number. People are getting insane performance increases.
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/320618-dcs-multithreading-faq/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

No "insane" performance increases for me, but it's running well.

On my i9-12900k, 3080ti rig with a reverb g2, I'm getting 45-55fps and on my i9-13900k, 4090 rig with varjo aero, I'm getting 60-70fps. Im not complaining, but it's hard to tell if this is really much better than what I was seeing before.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Jarhead.

For me, the improvement shows up in things like a large Liberarion campaign with tons of AI units requiring processor time. I've noticed a MUCH better FPS especially at the beginning when units are spawned and missiles launched. I keep mine locked at 60fps. I used to get drops to around 30-40 when units were spawning or a lot of ordinance was in the air. Now, I never see anything other than 60fps

I've also seen improvement in my FPS for VR in MP (in PVP servers as I think PvE would be a bit heavy for VR)

Your rig is pretty powerful so I'm not sure how much room for improvement there is
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Redwolf

Does anybody else own the Mosquito and if so, can you fly it in a straight line?

I can't. Huge disappointment after my anticipation. Very finnickey on the flight controls, even if you don't actually do anything.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Redwolf on March 22, 2023, 03:39:12 PMDoes anybody else own the Mosquito and if so, can you fly it in a straight line?

I can't. Huge disappointment after my anticipation. Very finnickey on the flight controls, even if you don't actually do anything.

That's odd.

I find the Mosquito one of the more forgiving planes to fly.

Did you trim her out?

Redwolf

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 22, 2023, 09:26:25 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on March 22, 2023, 03:39:12 PMDoes anybody else own the Mosquito and if so, can you fly it in a straight line?

That's odd.

I find the Mosquito one of the more forgiving planes to fly.

Did you trim her out?

Hm, no, no trimming so far. I was kind of of the attitude that if it doesn't fly without trimming something is wrong. It just tips over the left wing very easily. I'll try trimming it.

JasonPratt

In real life physics, trimming is basically necessary for everything, due to variations in mass vectors (including wind vectors externally), and how they change sometimes.

I can fly an He-111 in IL2-BoX without a lot of trimming, but I still have to do it to some extent. That includes taking off sometimes, depending on what I'm lifting, how much runway I have, how much fuel I'm carrying, and the climate/weather outside.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!