Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I would not think the Russians want a siege, but time will tell I guess.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

I've been hearing about the build up for a couple weeks.  Interesting, cause this is one where Ukraine won't just give ground.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Skoop on Yesterday at 06:26:13 PMI've been hearing about the build up for a couple weeks.  Interesting, cause this is one where Ukraine won't just give ground.

Not if they have any choice, certainly!

We've been hearing reports that the Russian Army is on the verge of collapse for about 21 months now.  So far, they've proven to have the same indifference to casualties that they had in WW2.

To be sure, the tardy supply of basic ammunition from the US and from Western European allies has left them in a bad place for a while.  It's a little unclear how quickly that can be remedied now that the US is getting off its collective butt.  Better late than never, although it still pisses me off that the US dropped the baton like it did in keeping basic logistical materials flowing.

I'm now convinced that the Europeans can only move quickly to provide aid to Ukraine if something is:  A) painless; and B) offers A LOT of money for national special interests of some sort or another.  Otherwise, the Europeans seem to be happy sitting on their asses, rattling their sabres, and authorizing the transfer of small handfuls of fairly expensive and impressive-sounding equipment while they patiently wait for their corporations to be guaranteed billions of Euroes via free market contracting before they lift a finger.