NWS- Rule the Waves 2

Started by Rayfer, October 30, 2021, 02:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2022, 10:21:15 PM
Yeah. I was waiting for the missile and jet age dlc, but I want to support these guys and went ahead and got it. Seems like a better system than the old too.

RtW2 is a great game IMHO. Proof positive that you don't need great graphics to have a great game.

But if RtW2 and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts had a baby...I would be in heaven.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

CJReich46

Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 02, 2022, 11:37:41 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2022, 10:21:15 PM
Yeah. I was waiting for the missile and jet age dlc, but I want to support these guys and went ahead and got it. Seems like a better system than the old too.

RtW2 is a great game IMHO. Proof positive that you don't need great graphics to have a great game.

But if RtW2 and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts had a baby...I would be in heaven.

Definitely. 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

I always dreamed of seeing the RTW ship designer in a sci-fi game like Aurora. That would be getting close to my ideal game. LoL
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I've been waiting for something like that forever too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 03, 2022, 09:12:29 AM
^I've been waiting for something like that forever too.

The ship design features in Aurora are extremely detailed...like EXTREMELY. But there is no visual component to it. Even seeing a silhouette of the vessel with locations for weapons and module placement would be awesome. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Yeah I need something visual - a silhouette would be perfect. Or to take things further a system like the one in Ultimate Admiral...it's not perfect but it is definitely fun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 03, 2022, 09:54:22 AM
Yeah I need something visual - a silhouette would be perfect. Or to take things further a system like the one in Ultimate Admiral...it's not perfect but it is definitely fun.

That will most likely never happen in Aurora or any game with its depth. But, hey, its ok to dream, right?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Maybe one day in the far future GameLabs will put together a spacefaring game...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Interesting news, they have now removed the drm from the game after having issues with it.  No longer part of the game.  Although respect authors protecting their work, wasn't necessarily a fan of how it was implemented.

https://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/2250/rtw2-v1-drm-update-available

al_infierno

Not super surprising, their DRM scheme always seemed like a big PITA to manually manage.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: al_infierno on January 04, 2022, 11:48:18 AM
Not super surprising, their DRM scheme always seemed like a big PITA to manually manage.

It's only surprising based how strong they defended the need for it when released and how it would never be a problem for customers.

But times change and glad they revisited it....kudos to them.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 04, 2022, 11:58:43 AM
Quote from: al_infierno on January 04, 2022, 11:48:18 AM

It's only surprising based how strong they defended the need for it when released and how it would never be a problem for customers.

But times change and glad they revisited it....kudos to them.

+1 kudos to them.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

CJReich46

Hmmm this might change things then.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

demjansk1942

If you buy the game now by digital download, would that have the drm?  Just thought of buying it.  Thanks

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 06, 2022, 05:30:46 AM
If you buy the game now by digital download, would that have the drm?  Just thought of buying it.  Thanks

They released the above patch to remove their drm.  I would assume any new purchases wouldn't have it to start with.  Even if it did, applying the patch would remove it.