NWS- Rule the Waves 2

Started by Rayfer, October 30, 2021, 02:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Been thinking of getting this one for awhile now but I remember an old  thread with complaints about difficulty in downloading and activating the game.  Anyone have these issues? Should I be wary? I've purchased board war games from NWS (great prices by the way) but never a computer game.  Thanks.

Grim.Reaper

Didn't really have issues, but uses a scheme where you need the company to provide you a code that is used to tie the game to your computer.  Other games do this too, just a matter of whether bothers you. Although not my favorite method, didn't stop me from buying.

Jarhead0331

I'm waiting for the DLC that brings it into the jet age.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Rayfer on October 30, 2021, 02:58:42 PM
Been thinking of getting this one for awhile now but I remember an old  thread with complaints about difficulty in downloading and activating the game.  Anyone have these issues? Should I be wary? I've purchased board war games from NWS (great prices by the way) but never a computer game.  Thanks.

No issues for me either.  Pretty fast turn around on getting code. Easy install. Much easier than other publishers...looking at you Battlefront.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Commander Cody

Unfortunately, the owner of NWS, Christopher Dean, has passed away. He seemed like a great guy who was very passionate about RTS 1 and 2. I once had an interaction with him and he was very responsive and polite.

Here's a link: https://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/6208/christopher-dean-passed-away-read

It looks like there may be some downtime before William Miller (the administrator) gets things back on track. I hope his legacy lives on and expands.

Best regards,
CC

FlickJax

Quote from: Commander Cody on December 07, 2021, 02:11:13 AM
Unfortunately, the owner of NWS, Christopher Dean, has passed away. He seemed like a great guy who was very passionate about RTS 1 and 2. I once had an interaction with him and he was very responsive and polite.

Here's a link: https://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/6208/christopher-dean-passed-away-read

It looks like there may be some downtime before William Miller (the administrator) gets things back on track. I hope his legacy lives on and expands.

Best regards,
CC

Sad news indeed :(

MC

His wife died just a few weeks before him. How sad.  :'(

Zulu1966

Yeah bought a lot of HPS stuff from him way back. Always a good person to buy from.

Very sad.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

Guys...we have a memorial thread here: http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=26051.0

Let's keep posts regarding Chris' sad passing in that thread since we will have further discussion on RTW here.

Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Great, I've been wanting to add this to my collection of unplayed games.

Jarhead0331

Yeah. I was waiting for the missile and jet age dlc, but I want to support these guys and went ahead and got it. Seems like a better system than the old too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Boggit

Quote from: MC on December 07, 2021, 01:21:37 PM
His wife died just a few weeks before him. How sad.  :'(
Quite tragic when that happens. A similar thing happened with Bismarck; a fellow grog and great writer who passed away a few years ago. His wife passed within a week of him going. Very sad. :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

CJReich46

Quote from: bobarossa on January 01, 2022, 10:11:31 PM
Great, I've been wanting to add this to my collection of unplayed games.

Ditto... I am deciding between this and UA: Dreadnoughts. Just the learning curve on RTW2  kind of holds me back. I have the demo and have yet to grok any of it.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose