VR WWI Flight Sims

Started by Gusington, October 19, 2022, 07:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ted

Not needing to learn and use virtual avionics is definitely a plus for WW1 simming   :bd:.  A lot of purists will decry FC as simplistic, but you still need throttle, mixture, radiator and (in some cases) blip switch and elevator trim.  Then you also have bomb release, re-load guns, view control (FOV, bombsight, and map) and sundry other less-used functions.  It's all pretty do-able in VR without extra kit.

Skoop

I do play woff and FC occasionally but it is mostly to do coop with my son who absolutely loves all things WWI including the aircraft.  Personally, I love the techieness of modern aircraft.  I've also fallen into the latest Cold War craze that's struck the dcs online community.  It's a good balance of dog fighting in visual range, but being able to zoom around in jets.  The Cold War birds are not that difficult to operate either.

CaptainKoloth

Interestingly enough this was just published today on one of the YouTube channels I follow.
https://youtu.be/4sKverX9vvk

Jarhead0331

^Damn. That actually makes me want to try it out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

Do it man. Those close-in dogfights are intense - especially in VR

Gusington

Well this thread has taken on more life suddenly. Thank you Father Ted and CPT Koloth.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Growling Sidewinder should get commission from me getting into VR from his videos.

There's nothing like being in a WW1 plane flying over no mans land and being able to just stare over the side of your plane and see the ground.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think we've got enough for a GH WWI dogfights server!  (Somebody's gotta let Gus be rear gunner.  I've witnessed the carnage firsthand.)

Gusington

^I thought no one would remember that. All those deaths I suffered were not at my own hand! Think of the children!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Dang.  Gonna have to get Flying Circus now.  Hate having to re-buy all those beauts after sinking the dosh into Rise of Flight years ago.

Father Ted

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 21, 2022, 07:36:15 PM
Dang.  Gonna have to get Flying Circus now.  Hate having to re-buy all those beauts after sinking the dosh into Rise of Flight years ago.

FC 1 is quite often heavily discounted so doesn't have to be too painful