Combat Mission: Red Thunder - Fire and Rubble

Started by al_infierno, February 22, 2020, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2023, 10:44:56 AMI have never played a CM game.

.... I know what those words and that abbreviation mean separately, but I don't understand them when put together like that...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

That Triona Campaign from CMFI was tough as leather nipples. I've only ever gotten about half-way through. "Welcome to Sicily Bitch. Where would you like these boots inserted into"?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

My grandfather fought in North Africa, Sicily and Italy during WWII and would never talk about it unless I really annoyed him about it and begged. He was with Mark Clark's 5th Army.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 22, 2023, 03:07:17 PMThat Triona Campaign from CMFI was tough as leather nipples. I've only ever gotten about half-way through. "Welcome to Sicily Bitch. Where would you like these boots inserted into"?
That video snippet was taken during one of the high points in the first scenario.  Nothing like beating up on a pre-panzerfaust MG-42 position from a tank.  Ask me what happend a few minutes later when the German artillery started landing....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Thanks for that link Trip, I love me some good CM action videos.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 23, 2023, 11:13:40 AMThanks for that link Trip, I love me some good CM action videos.  :ThumbsUp:
No problem.  The snippet was a test.  I've been tinkering around with the idea of doing some video AARs, and have been meaning to test out Adobe Photoshop elements.  Gus' earlier slobbering over a T-26 gave me an excuse to get off my butt to actually test it out. :laugh: I'm currently working (albeit slowly) on the Triona campaign, so will hopefully have something posted before I begin to collect social security..... :grin:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2023, 08:47:28 PMYou're welcome  :afro:
Seriously, you got me to actually take steps to doing the AAR.  I wasn't sure if there was enough interest, but from the comments on the board, it looks like I'll give it a try.  The big decision now is what sort of spin to put on it.  There are a lot of good CM videos made by good CM players, so distinguishing my effort given my pathetic play and bad video directing techniques is the struggle I'm having right now.  I think I may go with a more historical look at the Triona campaign, and use my AAR to illustrate some of the issues through a CM lens.

Gusington

Never underestimate the interest to be found here  :ninjameditate:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

True. More interest here than the National Debt. We are bright, young, hungry minds here at the Grog's House.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

matt3916

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, I've been edging closer to setting up a RobO Q Campaign (aka ROQC, aka RobO quick campaign) for CMBB or CMAK -- especially CMBB for a wargaming friend of mine who bought that on GoG recently. (I would run the campaign spreadsheet, tweak the random-gen map, and play the OpFor on the mission.)

As far as I can tell, Rob got to version 2.20 long ago in times eonian (around 2005??), but my copies are back around version 1.83ish. I know he made some important additions and bug fixes between there, but I have searched the internet and can't find any surviving versions of 2.20. (Or any surviving versions at all for that matter.)

Does anyone have the last spreadsheet (not the doc) version?