Aboukir Bay, Late Afternoon, August 1, 1798

Started by MengJiao, September 23, 2021, 04:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

So I worked out a revised "Battle of the Nile" (versus the one in the playbook scenarios for Flying Colors): 3 commanders on each side (added Troubridge to the RN and de Breugnon on the Guerrier for the French).  Also the French had batteries and fireships and frigates backing up the head of the column and it was a shorter and tighter column and some ships like the Guerrier were active from the start of the battle so we will see how this goes:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 23, 2021, 04:45:08 PM

So I worked out a revised "Battle of the Nile" (versus the one in the playbook scenarios for Flying Colors): 3 commanders on each side (added Troubridge to the RN and de Breugnon on the Guerrier for the French).  Also the French had batteries and fireships and frigates backing up the head of the column and it was a shorter and tighter column and some ships like the Guerrier were active from the start of the battle so we will see how this goes:

And ...right on schedule, the French wound Nelson:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 29, 2021, 10:31:54 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 23, 2021, 04:45:08 PM

And ...right on schedule, the French wound Nelson:

And the Young Ben Franklin (Franklin, Le Jeune Bonhomme Ben Franklin) nearly kills Nelson again and sets HMS Vanguard on fire:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 02, 2021, 06:08:32 PM

And the Young Ben Franklin (Franklin, Le Jeune Bonhomme Ben Franklin) nearly kills Nelson again and sets HMS Vanguard on fire:

But the game mechanics of "audacity" pull Nelson through and by about an hour and a half into the battle, his line snakes through and the French are beginning to take a beating:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 21, 2021, 05:41:06 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on October 02, 2021, 06:08:32 PM

But the game mechanics of "audacity" pull Nelson through and by about an hour and a half into the battle, his line snakes through and the French are beginning to take a beating:

Sometimes, audacity isn't enough and Nelson is killed a few minutes later.  I think that's a win for the French.