Main Menu

Tabletop Simulator

Started by zu Pferd, February 28, 2020, 07:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zu Pferd

Tabletop Simulator, (available on Steam)

create your favorite strategy game in a 3D environment or play games that have been built already.
Black Powder with minis  there are some titles  and scales as well as Command & Colors with mini's
Olmel Club and Armchair Dragoons have built Napoleonic titles from Alexandria to Wagram.
I'm plugging the TTS Workshop authors to attract more players.
Discord friendly. In game voice and text chat. We encourage to buy the original games and rules sets.

If you are interested do check the Steam TTS workshop for more info.
NS current project  Wagram 2nd Day. 1:300 scale  1.5 miles =24"  Many elements were created by authors in the
TTS workshop and all credit is given to them.

Best Regards

JasonPratt

Good plug!  O0

Cyrano, over at Armchair Dragoons (now), has been running TTS wargaming using mods (mostly converted by him) for several months now.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Philippe

The game has been on sale lately, so I've been taking a second look.

The napoleonics don't do much for me, because I'm used to the JTS games at 100 yards/hex.

The Fire in the Lake mod looked interesting, but I'm not sure I'm seeing anything else that captures my interest (like a Mahjong simulator).

I really don't feel like investing time in learning how to use another tool to make things, when I still haven't mastered all the tools I've currently got (like Photoshop 7 and Vassal).

I wish someone would explain to me what I'm not seeing, and/or why I'm being short-sighted and narrow-minded.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

airboy

Wow!  I had no idea there were so much user content for this.  It would be so much easier (maybe) to do an AAR if you had this.

Only $10 - I'll probably get it.

JasonPratt

I usually find the pseudo-physical board system to be more intuitive and clear to use than Vassal. If I'm playing a board game solo, I'll look at TTS first. Playing a board game head to head seems better in TTS, too.

Naturally for PBEM/asynch, Vassal can only be the better choice.

Quote from: airboy on April 05, 2020, 02:27:17 PM
Wow!  I had no idea there were so much user content for this.  It would be so much easier (maybe) to do an AAR if you had this.

Notably, I always use this for relevant AARs, even when I played the actual game on Vassal!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

planetbrain

I wish someone would have a go at doing the 'Carrier' single player board game, which I feel this program would be very good for.
I tried but it was a hopeless mess, certainly not suitable for public consumption.
Mostly harmless

planetbrain

Deleted(wrong post)
Mostly harmless