Feedback on Crusader Kings II AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, August 27, 2012, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Part 2 is up today.  y'all enjoyez-vous
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

besilarius

Since you are in charge of Parma, a technical question.
Can you enhance research into the cheese?  Developing this world renowned resource could fill your coffers rapidly.
And developing  Parmigian-Reggiano cheese this early could make your Duchy quite the place for the jet-set to visit.
A fine vacation spot after your Crusading, or despoiling efforts.
This would be the high technology of the era!
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

TheCommandTent

Another great read.  Thats a nice gesture for your dad hooking him up with an 18 year old :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

heh - thanks guys - i thought it was a nice touch for Dad, and as for the Cheese, im on it and the ham

Been a blast playing as a count, theres some really crazy stuff heading your way

Gusington

At the point you are at in the AAR right now (Part 2), how many hours have you been playing?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

TheCommandTent

Woke up this morning to find part 3 on the front page.  It was nice to start the day with some laughs!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

youre welcome tent - its always a pleasure to write these

bob48

Excellent as ever Geek, one day I hope to read the book of the film of the stageplay of the mini TV series!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on September 15, 2012, 11:32:53 AM
Excellent as ever Geek, one day I hope to read the book of the film of the stageplay of the mini TV series!

We'll just need to make ourselves a bunch of Amazon sockpuppets and then we can five-star Geek's book all the way to the top! Dianetics' bestseller days are numbered...  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Nice wordplay, geek.  Having a much better understanding of gameplay now, I enjoy this AAR even more :-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Heh.  I always get some good laughs reading his AAR entries.  Thanks 'geek

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

thanks for all feedback guys - im a few 'parts' down the road and the story gets better - who ever suggested it 'count' is definitely the way to play the game

bob48

Those accordian toting Bulgarians are enough to scare 7 sorts of crap outta anybody.....ear plugs at the ready....on the word of command.....Insert!

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!