Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts work in progress.

Started by Destraex, July 19, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

The first version of the campaign is out

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/39283-core-patch-10-feedback/

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on November 24, 2021, 07:17:52 PM
The first version of the campaign is out

I see you're given honorable mention in the patch notes. Good job!

What is your opinion of the current state of the game?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Oh you are right. I had no idea.  :)
This is the first version of the campaign map. A little ways to go yet. I really love playing the game.

Gusington

I have to fire this up at some point over this holiday weekend!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

apoll

How, for the love of smeg, did you get past "Win three naval academy battles" to get to the campaign??! And in Naval Battles Academy, hitting the Start button does nothing.

That is a really irritating design choice to make you jump through hoops to get at the campaign. Makes me want to delete it from my hard drive; too many other good games out there.

Any ideas?

Apoll

FlickJax

probably need to wait for release and a sale here

Destraex

Quote from: apoll on November 25, 2021, 12:41:42 AM
How, for the love of smeg, did you get past "Win three naval academy battles" to get to the campaign??! And in Naval Battles Academy, hitting the Start button does nothing.

That is a really irritating design choice to make you jump through hoops to get at the campaign. Makes me want to delete it from my hard drive; too many other good games out there.

Any ideas?

Apoll

I just played the speed and a few gunnery missions. I find the ironclad ones hard. From the forums:

"  17 hours ago, Commander Reed said:
3 of them. After the reset, I couldn't be bothered to re-do them because they're fairly luck based. And I don't have the time to play missions for hours on end hoping to win because of random chance that I penetrate the ship and it starts flooding enough to sink.

Nick Thomadis
Game Labs Team

This should not happen normally. There was no preference from our side to reset mission progress. None of our testers reported such an issue either. Did you have a long time to play/unlock missions?"

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on November 25, 2021, 05:39:02 AM
Quote from: apoll on November 25, 2021, 12:41:42 AM

Any ideas?

Apoll

I just played the speed and a few gunnery missions. I find the ironclad ones hard. From the forums:

"  17 hours ago, Commander Reed said:
3 of them. After the reset, I couldn't be bothered to re-do them because they're fairly luck based. And I don't have the time to play missions for hours on end hoping to win because of random chance that I penetrate the ship and it starts flooding enough to sink.

Nick Thomadis
Game Labs Team

This should not happen normally. There was no preference from our side to reset mission progress. None of our testers reported such an issue either. Did you have a long time to play/unlock missions?"

Generally in the Ironclad battles, ramming works pretty well.  Put most of your construction points into speed and armor and boom!  Here the San Antonio sinks the Delware:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 25, 2021, 07:47:23 AM

Generally in the Ironclad battles, ramming works pretty well.  Put most of your construction points into speed and armor and boom!  Here the San Antonio sinks the Delware:

So that was 1865 or so...Here is the game's version of 1890 (which would be closer to the design date than the in-service date in this case) a French horror (tumblehome and all) struggling with the Austro-hungarians in gametime 1890, but more like 1900-1910 or so:

Toonces

Just so I understand, this game isn't available yet, correct?  I don't see a buy option on Steam, yet some of you are playing it...   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on November 25, 2021, 01:44:35 PM
Just so I understand, this game isn't available yet, correct?  I don't see a buy option on Steam, yet some of you are playing it...   8)

Direct from developer

https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/order