Main Menu

Alex Murdaugh

Started by Jarhead0331, February 11, 2023, 09:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Don't do drugs kids... they really mess you up.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

This is true. The giant green and gold 10 legged spider I do shrooms with tells me this a lot. He's right. He had only 9 legs back when we started.  :shocked:

As a Psych Nurse I saw a lot of people who had turned themselves into The Walking Dead by using drugs, legal and illegal including alcohol. Just say, 'F--k No'.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

Fortunately my favorites are legal.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Just when you thought this case couldn't get any crazier. This guy is almost certainly going to get a new trial. it's been alleged that the Judge's law clerk improperly influenced the verdict by communicating with the jurors and making statements that swayed their decision making. The clerk then wrote a book about the whole trial, which is extremely unusual.

I'm watching an evidentiary hearing being conducted now and so far the first juror questioned has testified that the Clerk's communications swayed her decision. Amazing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 29, 2024, 10:23:22 AMJust when you thought this case couldn't get any crazier. This guy is almost certainly going to get a new trial. it's been alleged that the Judge's law clerk improperly influenced the verdict by communicating with the jurors and making statements that swayed their decision making. The clerk then wrote a book about the whole trial, which is extremely unusual.

I'm watching an evidentiary hearing being conducted now and so far the first juror questioned has testified that the Clerk's communications swayed her decision. Amazing.

That is unbelievable.  As a former trial attorney, rarely am I speechless, but this is one of times.  Incredible....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

What a total $hitshow. The bailiff didn't confiscate the cell phones of the jurors who proceeded to tune into the questioning live of the first juror and watched the whole proceeding! So, they saw and heard the whole line of questioning, the objections and arguments, etc. You can't make this stuff up...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tripoli

I'm going off memory here, but the most persuasive evidence against the defendant, from my limited observations and memory of the trial, was his own testimony.  If that is true, a retrial could end up with an acquittal if Murdaugh doesn't testify.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Would certainly be interesting if a different strategy was adopted on a second trial. I think all the evidence of his financial crimes and drug use were very damaging, and that may have been why they made the decision to have him testify.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Con

So what's your take now that he has been denied a new trial?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on January 29, 2024, 06:23:06 PMSo what's your take now that he has been denied a new trial?

That he has a strong basis for an appeal. Two jurors and an alternate testified that the clerk engaged in improper communications and jury tampering.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog