Main Menu

New SGS Series

Started by Zulu1966, March 24, 2023, 05:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

Must admit - these look good - still not sure about the engine - but I would buy all these just for what they are. Take a look at that Hue map....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787937257/sgs-battle-series-battle-for-stalingrad
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Sir Slash

Loins well moistened now.  :Dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Stalingrad released today.....I keep trying these SGS games, just can't get them to click with me for some reason, which is a shame since the subject matters tend to be interesting.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2140050/SGS_Battle_For_Stalingrad/

Tripoli

I did the North Africa one a year or so ago, but like you, it just didn't click with me.  With that said, I purchased the "NATO Nightmare" game last week, and may give it a whirl.  To their credit, SGS is picking some really interesting topics that are not covered much in the gaming world
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tripoli on July 20, 2023, 12:24:52 PMI did the North Africa one a year or so ago, but like you, it just didn't click with me.  With that said, I purchased the "NATO Nightmare" game last week, and may give it a whirl.  To their credit, SGS is picking some really interesting topics that are not covered much in the gaming world

Totally agree very interesting topics but something with the game mechanics just leaves me flat.  Good luck with NATO module as that appears to be truly a monster compared to the others:)

Jarhead0331

Same here. Love the topics and the look, but the system and mechanics do not appeal to me. Anything involving cards and other "board game" conventions is an instant turn-off for me. I like to be immersed into my games and sims and don't want to feel like I am playing a board game. i know some people love this, but it just isn't my cup of tea. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 20, 2023, 01:39:07 PMSame here. Love the topics and the look, but the system and mechanics do not appeal to me. Anything involving cards and other "board game" conventions is an instant turn-off for me. I like to be immersed into my games and sims and don't want to feel like I am playing a board game. i know some people love this, but it just isn't my cup of tea. 

I even enjoy board games and still doesn't click with me:)  I keep trying them though, determined to have one of them work for me!

Gusington

I am contractually obligated to purchase anything Stalingrad-related.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd