Nissan may revive Datsun brand

Started by MIGMaster, March 04, 2012, 11:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

I'm trying to figure that out myself ?  ???

Silent Disapproval Robot

Heh, my first car was a turd brown 1978 Datsun 210B.  It had holes rusted through the passenger side floor board and it would get passed by logging trucks when going uphill, but the engine never quit, even after we crammed 9 members of my rugby team in for a road trip, we smeared cheaper paste all over it to make ChiaCar, and we re-enacted the battle of Midway in the college parking lot with my car as a Zero and my buddy's equalling craptastic blue AMC Pacer as an F4F Wildcat (total Japaneae victory was declared after 1/2 of his back bumper kinda got ripped away and was left dangling on the pavement)

Gusington

I am hoping they don't use the same styling. I can't believe it's been 30+ years since Nissan stopped using the Datsun name. Time flies.

There is a battle - Datsun 210 vs. AMC Pacer.

Hard pressed to find an uglier car than the Pacer. Maybe the Gremlin. I hope to God that no one wants to revive the AMC brand. That would be total insanity. Like dogs and cats living together.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 10:31:09 AM
I am hoping they don't use the same styling. I can't believe it's been 30+ years since Nissan stopped using the Datsun name. Time flies.

Hard pressed to find an uglier car than the Pacer. Maybe the Gremlin. I hope to God that no one wants to revive the AMC brand. That would be total insanity. Like dogs and cats living together.

I have always wanted an AMC Pacer so I could hire a fat chef to make me a sub sandwich in the back seat. It would be the crowning achievement of my lifetime.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^HA! I don't know why that works, but it does. You may have to pop the windows out of the Pacer to get the fat chef in but hey...still funny.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 10:31:09 AM

I like it think it went something like this (after all, it was this skit that inspired the whole thing in the first place)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFjHentqSG0

Gusington

^The American looks like John Candy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 11:23:12 AM
^HA! I don't know why that works, but it does. You may have to pop the windows out of the Pacer to get the fat chef in but hey...still funny.

It works because it was done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ZIzPlUuEo

The video quality is piss poor, but you'll get the reference. This was a real commercial back when somebody thought it was a good idea to make Pacers.

Actually, that commercial makes them so cute, I wish I had one now.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

That sandwich looked good, even pixelated. The Pacer...still ugly. Fugly even. Maybe that's part of it's charm.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 11:29:49 AM
^The American looks like John Candy.

It is John Candy.  It was a skit from SCTV (shame they cut it off before the best bits.)

Gusington

Is the Zero pilot John Belushi?? What is SCTV?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

You don't know SCTV?  You Philistine!  It was a Canuck skit comedy TV show from the early 80s.  Starred John Candy, Rick Moranis, Eugene Levy, Martin Short, Joe Flahretty, Dave Thomas (as the Jap pilot), and others.  Bob and Doug McKenzie was probably the most famous bit to come out of the series. 

Gusington

Never heard of it! But I have always loved most of the people you've listed.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd