Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on January 29, 2018, 05:06:43 PM
The obvious exception being those who review board games. O:-)

No, pretty much all those wankers, too.

bob48

Not the ones that write reviews for Grogheads though, surely? :o
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on January 29, 2018, 05:21:24 PM
Not the ones that write reviews for Grogheads though, surely? :o

Thats'sa special kinda wanker. I can only speak for myself, not the other fine writers here. :)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

If you were ever a fan of National Lampoon (the magazine, as well as the early movies like Animal House and such), this is a must-watch.

Gusington

You guys should check out 'Spectral'...surprisingly good military sci-fi that I just found literally 10 minutes ago, randomly, and it is excellent so far.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I've been enjoying the hell out of, "Ash vs The Evil Dead". The Season 2 opener featured Lee Majors as Ash's father and they did a, "Six-Million Dollar Man" reference line that almost made me pee my pants laughing. Great show!  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

I just watched 'Radius' on netfix, entirely by accident, and it turned out to be a great flick. The setup is that a guy (played by Diego Klathoff from 'Blacklist') wakes up from a mysterious accident to find that anyone who comes within 50 feet of him drops dead instantly. The scenery and soundtrack have a rural starkness that reminds me of the movie 'Witness' from the 80's.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I didn't see Spectral listed here anywhere, my bad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I may have mentioned Spectral somewhere...can't remember. But yes, it is a really surprisingly good flick.

Gusington

Shockingly so. A military sci-fi ghost story. I can honestly say I have never seen another movie like it. Reminds me of Children of Men, World War Z, Stalingrad and some others rolled in to one. Will finish it later.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

This is on Amazon Prime. It's very tongue-in-cheek and quite funny.

Gusington

Watching Cloverfield Paradox right now...some wacky/fruity stuff here as well.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd