Started by Lowenstaat, August 12, 2021, 10:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Sir Slash

I hadn't heard the 8,000 figure, 3,000 was the most used number but I suppose there would be more for support and such. I also heard U.S. airstrikes are being ramped-up considerably but without a base close by, some flights are 8 hours or more. Anybody else heard anything similar?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have read that US air support has increased for what's left of the Afghan gov't. That said, the whole situation is turning into the departure I think everyone here feared.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

They don't need 3000 to 8000 troops to cover an evacuation. Looks more like a bumbling attempt to belatedly appear to be Doing Something.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

GDS_Starfury

do you want the US to be there or not solops?
when the orange idiot said the US was leaving the right was all for it.  now that its happening the right complains.
did any of you think its was going to be a smooth easy transition? LOL @ you if you did. :DD
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MOS:96B2P

It's shocking that the Afghan military collapsed and collapsed so quickly.  Twenty years of training and equipping and THIS.  It appears they are mostly just surrendering.  WTF!!  I suspect the Afghans will pay a terrible price.  It was only 20 years ago when the Taliban ruled over them.  So most Afghans living now have a memory of the Taliban.  I thought that memory would help motivate them to fight to maintain their own freedom.  It's difficult to imagine that the majority of the Afghan people support the Taliban and want to return to Taliban rule.  But here we are.  Maybe they actually prefer the Taliban?  Just shocking to watch this $%it.     

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2021, 10:48:01 AM
do you want the US to be there or not solops?
when the orange idiot said the US was leaving the right was all for it.  now that its happening the right complains.
did any of you think its was going to be a smooth easy transition? LOL @ you if you did. :DD

We did not close R&P so you could bring this type of shit into the general forums. I already posted a warning in this thread.

Keep this discussion non-political and focused on the strategic aspect. Period.

I can always count on you to disrespect the rules.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

We should at least destroy the big airfields like Bagram, smash the runways, etc. You know, have a a B-52 wing flyover for toys we don't want China using. Never miss a good training opportunity!

GDS_Starfury

yes, because destroying infrastructure like that will do wonders for pr and keep the taliban air force on the ground.   ::)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 15, 2021, 11:26:12 AM

Keep this discussion non-political and focused on the strategic aspect. Period.

theres no strategy left to discuss.  the US is leaving and after 20 years of support and training the Afgans are collapsing.  the taliban are going to take over and thats that. 
the idea that you can separate this event from any political fallout is naive to say the least.