Main Menu

No time for Friday

Started by Tripoli, October 01, 2021, 12:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

It's 1215 CST, and no Friday thread!  So this song is appropriate   :)

BoC work and my Flashpoint  AAR.  Plus, publishing the quarterly images and description packages for CMO.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Diablo II Resurrected, Outlast 2 and perhaps some Witcher (the original), Enhanced Edition. My Total War: Warhammer II campaign as Chaos ended ignominiously.

Considered buying Days Gone on sale but did not pull the trigger. Now I see Greedfall on sale and may get that. Also looking forward to next week's release of Age of Darkness: Final Stand.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

devoncop

Having thrown caution to the wind and after a few fine single malts decided to enter 5 categories in the new season of the Slitherine Digital League in Field of Glory 2 and Field of Glory 2 Medieval I now have 40 MP battles to complete in the next ten weeks :idiot2:

Guess what I am playing ?  :)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Toonces

Going to spend a bit more time with War on the Sea with the Tokyo Express mod, and fire up BMS Falcon for the first time in like years and see if I can figure out how to play it.  If it starts to annoy me (which it likely will) I might just boot up Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam and get some F-4 and A-6 time under my belt.  And Wings over Flanders Fields.  In fact, WoFF is probably what I'll end up playing.  Biplanes are pretty easy to learn systems-wise.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

W8taminute

Just picked up New World the other day.  That game is a time sink on a massive scale.  Doubt I'll play much else but if I do it will probably be a little of Heroes & Generals and possibly some Enlisted
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sigwolf

Starship Troopers Terran Command demo, Star Trek Elite Force, LnL Tactical Digital and MSFS on the slate this weekend.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

Can New World be played solo without being bothered by 1000s of online idiots?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

You can do the quests and crafting solo.  There are a handful of dungeons but AFAIK those can't be soloed.  The endgame appears to revolve around territorial PvP and I'm guessing that would not go well solo, but I have no idea at this point.  It looks like there is enough content to get many hours of enjoyment without interacting with others but at some point you'd run up against the PvP barrier and probably have to call it a game at that point, unless you wanted to make a new character and start over of course.   ;)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

al_infierno

I'm pretty sure Gus's idea of "not being bothered by online idiots" means a solo session with no other players  :P

AFAIK, it's an MMO so no solo servers.

This weekend I'm continuing a Crusader Kings 3 binge for the most part.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Wowed the wife's relatives with a range of Mexican cuisine (thanks, Internet!) I'm back in the grind-suck that is the World of .... family (am fond of the games, mind you) until I wander off elsewhere.

Not going to plan for too much as Lord knows what else will come down the pike this weekend.

Chiliaquiles, anyone?

Gusington

Are you some kind of Renaissance man?

Thanks Geezer/al...I will stay away from New World and just wait for Old World to be released on Steam.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2021, 08:43:20 PM
Are you some kind of Renaissance man?

Yes.  Now give me money, and hit "like," and subscribe to my hot takes and whatnot.

-only $7.99 for the first inspirational tape ("A," side only - "B," side is bootleg Dirty South twisted & screwed tracks from such artists like: Boozy C, Lil Peeny Pump, and Mayor McSkweeze)