Criminals and gun control

Started by Centurion40, February 02, 2012, 09:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Everyone knows that Canada is a land of gun control.  Yet criminals still get guns, as illustrated in this story.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/57835-sambro-man-loses-guns-home-invaders

QuoteDavid Whalen lost seven guns and almost lost his right eye during a violent home invasion in Sambro on Tuesday night.

On Wednesday, the 63-year-old gun collector and repairman said he'll never be robbed like that again.

"They took an awful brazen chance," he said Wednesday from his seaside home on Francis Gray Drive, about 25 kilometres south of Halifax.

"There was another gun in the house that I knew they didn't get. If I could have got (it), they wouldn't have gotten off the property."

Whalen, who moved to Sambro from nearby Terence Bay about 10 years ago, said many local people know he is a gun enthusiast, and he cleans guns or attaches scopes for friends without charging them.

He owns several guns, and he's sure this is why the invaders struck.

Since the local demise of the Hells Angels, 2 local petty crime families have been feuding over the control of the local drug trade.  This kind of shit would not have happened under the "rule" of the Hells Angels- as weird as that might sound.  There have been more murders, shootings, arson, assaults, home invasions, etc. since the police effectively destroyed the HA, than we ever saw when 81 was controlling the drug trade.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 02, 2012, 09:18:36 AM
Everyone knows that Canada is a land of gun control.  Yet criminals still get guns, as illustrated in this story.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/57835-sambro-man-loses-guns-home-invaders

QuoteDavid Whalen lost seven guns and almost lost his right eye during a violent home invasion in Sambro on Tuesday night.

On Wednesday, the 63-year-old gun collector and repairman said he'll never be robbed like that again.

"They took an awful brazen chance," he said Wednesday from his seaside home on Francis Gray Drive, about 25 kilometres south of Halifax.

"There was another gun in the house that I knew they didn't get. If I could have got (it), they wouldn't have gotten off the property."

Whalen, who moved to Sambro from nearby Terence Bay about 10 years ago, said many local people know he is a gun enthusiast, and he cleans guns or attaches scopes for friends without charging them.

He owns several guns, and he's sure this is why the invaders struck.

Since the local demise of the Hells Angels, 2 local petty crime families have been feuding over the control of the local drug trade.  This kind of shit would not have happened under the "rule" of the Hells Angels- as weird as that might sound.  There have been more murders, shootings, arson, assaults, home invasions, etc. since the police effectively destroyed the HA, than we ever saw when 81 was controlling the drug trade.

It is said that....if you can stand the noise....neighborhoods with a Hells Angel chapter have far lower crime rates than the norm, including neighborhoods with police stations nearby.

But never fear....I'm certain that Eric Holder has a plan to get you some firepower asap!

Epee1

Just a hop, skip, and jump for me to get some of those Eric Holder specials, coming to a negihborhood near you very soon.