Make yourself comfortable FRIDAY is so divine

Started by undercovergeek, August 15, 2014, 05:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Distant Worlds, Command and Xenonauts will take up most of my time. May finally get around to installing Steel Beast Pro as well.

Quote from: KyzBP on August 15, 2014, 05:47:46 AM
I may finally be cooling on CKII after my gay,hedonistic, devil worshiping Great Great Grandson destroyed a nice little kingdom that his fore fathers had built up.

Don't quite now, the game is just getting good. Part of the fun in CK2 is watching your kingdom falling apart after few generations and then trying to rebuild it.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

TacticalWargames

CMBN and modules version 3, WarMachine Beta (though only one scenario for single player at the moment and have played it four times already), Steam and Iron Campaign, CM Red Thunder and possibly Command Ops  (a scenario from the Greek pack I think) oh and maybe Crusader Kings 2.

TacticalWargames

I may finally be cooling on CKII after my gay,hedonistic, devil worshiping Great Great Grandson destroyed a nice little kingdom that his fore fathers had built up.  I'm thinking a return to Baldur's Gate might be in the cards this weekend.

Yet in your pain abd frustration look at the fantastic story the game has offered up! To me thats a great ending to a CK2 family story.

KyzBP

Quote from: TacticalWargames on August 15, 2014, 08:22:46 AM
I may finally be cooling on CKII after my gay,hedonistic, devil worshiping Great Great Grandson destroyed a nice little kingdom that his fore fathers had built up.  I'm thinking a return to Baldur's Gate might be in the cards this weekend.

Yet in your pain abd frustration look at the fantastic story the game has offered up! To me thats a great ending to a CK2 family story.

He survived 2 failed assassination attempts by his father.  A few years after he inherited the kingdom he was excommunicated.  That's when the vultures moved in.  I'm left with his granddaughter in charge of 2 of the counties of the old kingdom.  She has potential so I'm continuing on in hopes that she can resurrect the kingdom.

It's hard to give up on this game.

MengJiao

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 15, 2014, 05:53:45 AM
This weekend I am going to have a serious go at The Witcher (it has been ages since I played an RPG) and continue practicing my biplane piloting skills with Rise of Flight.

On a similar note, I'll be doing some flying (of a sort) in DCS world.  Also the usual: WitpAE PBEM and Hoplite (board game).  Other possibilities include: Civil war II and Heroes and Generals.

BanzaiCat

If I do any gaming, it'll probably be Saints Row IV as I'm having a blast with it and am admittedly playing it way, way too much. I have a melodrama show to do tonight and tomorrow night, then Sunday is my b-day, and there's no telling what'll happen. Since we have friends coming in from out of town to see the show Saturday night and we're all doing lunch Sunday, I guess I won't forget it this year.  :coolsmiley:

Also gotta figure out what to do with my missing rear marker lamp on my poor Camaro...when I got my oil changed a week ago I asked the dealership how much it would be to replace, and those thieving bastards wanted friggin' $200-plus to replace it, but I can buy the damned thing online for $35 + a few bucks in shipping and do it myself. I guess I know what I'm getting for my bday...lol, sigh.

Anguille

i may play the following games:

- Omerta
- Birth of the Federation
- pbems (Armda 2526 and Storm over the Pacific)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

TacticalWargames

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 15, 2014, 08:58:57 AM
If I do any gaming, it'll probably be Saints Row IV as I'm having a blast with it and am admittedly playing it way, way too much. I have a melodrama show to do tonight and tomorrow night, then Sunday is my b-day, and there's no telling what'll happen. Since we have friends coming in from out of town to see the show Saturday night and we're all doing lunch Sunday, I guess I won't forget it this year.  :coolsmiley:

Also gotta figure out what to do with my missing rear marker lamp on my poor Camaro...when I got my oil changed a week ago I asked the dealership how much it would be to replace, and those thieving bastards wanted friggin' $200-plus to replace it, but I can buy the damned thing online for $35 + a few bucks in shipping and do it myself. I guess I know what I'm getting for my bday...lol, sigh.

Happy Birthday..mine was exactly two weeks ago this Sunday!

JD..this may interest you...http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/judge-dredd-miniatures-game-starter-set.html

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

sandman2575

More Rise of Flight with the PWCG -- have had lots of aborted careers, and trying to play with a "dead is dead" mentality means I don't survive 2 weeks at a time.

Am also dabbling with Cliffs of Dover again with the latest TF patch.  It still catches me by surprise how different air combat in 1940 is from 1917... just way, way more challenging. Dogfighting in ROF feels like a gentlemanly polo match but in CloD it feels like the light-cycles duel from Tron.. everything is moving 1000 times faster.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

The start of the EPL will take up most of Sat. morning.  Then I hope to get some Rome II in but it depends on time.  Then the rest of the weekend will be getting ready for the beginning of my teams first preseason practice on Monday.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 15, 2014, 09:29:16 AM
More Rise of Flight with the PWCG -- have had lots of aborted careers, and trying to play with a "dead is dead" mentality means I don't survive 2 weeks at a time.

I had to lower the wind factor in the PWCG settings.  Most campaign missions would have ridiculous wind speeds & buffeting until I did.  Dunno if I had accidentally changed it to something higher (don't think I did) or it was the default.  I'm pretty sure those wind speeds were regularly so high that the planes would've been historically grounded instead of going on patrols like that.

For me, I'll be doing some Steel Beasts Pro with some of you here. 

Been playing some Second and Ten in short spurts.  I may start a Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition campaign up.  Until the stupid and predictable AI frustrates me, anyway.

Got some tabletop games to run through for the first time this weekend.  Star Trek: Fleet Captains and A Most Dangerous Time are the easier learning options.  Or just reading the Bloody April rules, which is less so.